Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I hate to sound dumb but, I just bought a new 05 yfz and I was wondering if I have to buy the adapter kit like that is on my raptor to run the airbox lid off? I haven't looked at the bike yet since it is 150 miles away and is in the shop getting the cam mod done.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You could just buy a K&N Filter and use the stock intake tube, or you could buy the Pro Design Kit with the K&n and aftermarket intake tube. If you do any kind of desert racing or dune you should look into ESR airbox eliminator, you dont run a box, but you can run an aftermarket rear shock, but you could run rebuild on the stocker.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I also sell a kit similar to the Pro Flow but for less $$$
BT members also get a 10% discount

·
Registered
15 Posts
noss

yea, I'm with noss, he makes a flange that bolts right into the stock airbox. Runs a K&N filter. Great product, easy to install, just put an outerwear on the filter for sand riding.
I love mine, and like he said he gives discount to members here.
He also makes a cool handle bar bracket with yfz450 engraved on it.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Dave I do like the pro-flow but mine doesn't seal that great. I need to take my ntake off sometime and bend the part of the airbox where the adapter bolts too. The bolts do a better job of sealing with washers on one side but the airbox is bent inward so there's still an airleak. I don't really want to sell it because I just got it, but the ron woods intakes were looking pretty good. I"ll probably wait until summer if I ever got one. For now the noss machine adapter is a good product way better than stock setup. :tup:

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have a NOSS intake kit (flange, bolts, K&N with outerwear) I am willing to sell, about 10 hours on it. No longer need it now that I have the ESR intake. PM me if interested.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts