Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night i tried to get online at home. Before i went hunting i called and got the crappy dialup. :s96: Where i live dsl is not available. At work i printed stuff up on how to get on the internet. What the problem is, is when i plug the phone line from the modem into the phone jack it goes dead (no dial tone). If i leave the phone plugged in and use a two way phone jack the phone will go dead when i plug the computer in. Anybody have any ideas on what the problem is?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Call your phone company and they can direct you to a ISP (internet service provider). That same problem happened to mine a while back, I had to get another modem because lightning fried it :wtf: but call your computer company and tell them your modem fried and if your under warrenty they'll send you another one but if your not then they aren't that expensive. But before you go and buy one I'd invest into cable or a satelite internet service, but it'll cost ya about 45-55 dollars a month.

·
Premium Member
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a new modem that is where i'm confused. I haven't used it that much. I will try to give my phone company a call tonight to see WTF is going on. I would really like to get my computer going at home, i hate it when it doesn't fire right up how you want it to. Thanks for the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.