Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sunday when i went to unload the raptor, i put it in reverse and hit the gas and it would not go in reverse so i could back it off trailer, it sounded like it was hitting the reverse rev limiter, but it would go forward just fine. i believe it might be the reverse limiter. so what do i do just unhook the limiter or see about fixing it the right way?? any suggestions or fixes??

·
Registered
5,060 Posts
The 01's don't have a rev limiter.... Sounds like something else. :shrug:

·
Registered
366 Posts
If they do have the limiter you can disable it two ways

1) Buy the Reverse Limter Bypass from ripperracing.com it will disbale the reverse bypass and also keep your reverse light functional...

2) Ground the green/white wire under the front sproclety to one of the 8mm bolts on the engine, this will also diasable, but the reverse light is also non-operational [Note: On my 04 raptor and my buddies 05 this wire was not under th front sprocket, it was in the cluster of wires next to the carbs....]

-Nate

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
i dont believe 01 has a reverse rev limiter, but it does have the parking brake limiter.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i am pretty sure the 01 raptor's have a limiter while in reverse because if you go to fast in reverse it will cut out. i believe i am going to bypass the reverse like i have read. that seems to be the easiest and cheapest way, i have even read about putting a switch to turn it off and on. thanks for all the help. :))

1 - 10 of 10 Posts