Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Almost decided on going for a YFZ over a Raptor. Dealers over here are nuts. They are asking $8500 otd for one. My local dealer who Ive baught from before said he will give me a super hook up for $7200 OTD. How are you guys getting some of the prices you paid? All the dealers I call are telling me $7200 is impossible to beat and they cant even touch it. They say if you can really get that price then do it. I think 8500 is a rip off, and 7200 is a little much. What do you all think I should do?

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Damn! Prices must be higher over there, around here I just checked and my closest dealer could sell me a yfz for 6500 OTD and I didnt really even shop around, I even kind of thought that that was a little high and that i could do better, but damn i feel sorry for you guys :tdown:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
RydeOn said:
Almost decided on going for a YFZ over a Raptor. Dealers over here are nuts. They are asking $8500 otd for one. My local dealer who Ive baught from before said he will give me a super hook up for $7200 OTD. How are you guys getting some of the prices you paid? All the dealers I call are telling me $7200 is impossible to beat and they cant even touch it. They say if you can really get that price then do it. I think 8500 is a rip off, and 7200 is a little much. What do you all think I should do?
tell them to go f themselves and find a better dealer. :tup: :tup: .

around here you can get an 05 raptor for like 6500 otd. but i bought a 03 leftover in 2004 for 5500 otd.
for a yfz450 around here its about 6800-7000 otd

·
Registered
285 Posts
Where do you live man? You can get a new YFZ450 for $5,999 at Bardwell Yamaha in brookhaven ms., hell I have heard shipping a whole quad cost around 200(not sure), but that would beat 7,200. Then you just take your reciept and show them the $5,999.
There website is http://www.bardwellyamaha.com/ , good customer service through phone, email and in person. I traveled across alabama for that price, my local stealership wanted 7 grand. Cost me around 75 dollars in gas(s-10).

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
I see from your sig that you are in southern California. Out there, that is just how it is. I lived in San Diego for 30 years before moving. I now live in Colorado and just bought a new 05' still in the Crate for $6,700.00 OTD. I would suggest going to either Az to get a new one but call the places first or I have heard there are a few stores up in L.A. that offer some pretty low prices. Get on Yamahas web site and search for their dealerships. I think there are like maybe a dozen or so in the L.A. area but like 2 or 3 of them will work with you on the price. I hope that helps.
Jason

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
$9,799 + 15% tax and god knows whatelse here in N.S canada :tdown:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Just buy mid-west then ship it, thats what I did, got $6500 shipped to Vegas. No good deals around socal, well could of gotten 6400 otd a shop in cali, got hookups, but they didnt get shipments in for weeks, so I payed the extra $100 and got it in less than a week.

·
Registered
166 Posts
LA Yamaha. 4082 Lincoln Ave, Marina Del Rey, CALIFORNIA, 90292. USA. Phone: (310) 306-7906
www.layamaha.com
Call them you can get it OTD for $6900. :nod:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I am in southern Utah and the best price I could find in utah was about 6800.00 plus tax and licensing/doc prep. Nobody even stocks them right now, you have to be put on a waiting list. I can get the honda 450r quad for 6000.00 or less plus tax and licensing. Utah doesn't sell near as many of the TRX 450s as it does the yfz's. It is all about supply and demand. Ultimately, that is what made me decide to go with the yfz over the TRX. And I didn't want to kick start the damn thing!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know it cost a little more to go first class and I am willing to pay more for a great quad but I am not taking it up the @ and getting completely rammed just because a bunch of other people are willing to (and there are a ton of those here). I will see what I can do with LA yamaha tomorrow or wait. The Honda is being given away and is basically the same thing. Anyways Ill wait instead of getting ripped off if I dont get $6900. It will calm down after new years I suspect.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I paid $6,500 otd over here in PA :tup:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
strange, you know though if you buy them over the internet and pay cash, you dont have to pay taxes, which puts us in arkansas selling them for 6400 OTD and i have heard too that forward air has the best prices on shipping, i dunno, but i have had people tell me around 2-400 dollars to ship a quad, but if your just not hell bent on buying a new one, get used, can pick up used ones with mods for around 5k or heavy modded ones for around 8500 there is a ton of YFZ's like that down here, i dunno, never been a big fan of buying new, seems like its better for me to buy used, save a few K :shrug:

·
Registered
307 Posts
It's just the cost of living out there that does it, even here in Western New York it's no where near that bad.

However, I've heard rumors that the state is trying to change the law and make it illegal to stop for a smoke while out riding 4 wheelers. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
408 Posts
So Cal 450 said:
LA Yamaha. 4082 Lincoln Ave, Marina Del Rey, CALIFORNIA, 90292. USA. Phone: (310) 306-7906
www.layamaha.com
Call them you can get it OTD for $6900. :nod:
I wish iwent there a couple of weeks ago and they advertised that the lowest they went was 7800 i offred 7500 and they start adding things i was like wtf first they tell me ok 6500 than tax and license than alot of bs went to 6 diffrent dealers .I got mine at alba for 7300 otd chepest plus most of the dealers out here in L.A. chould care less what they sell them for they know its the season and eventually they are going to sell them.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
This Ron and Brian motorsports sounds pretty promising. I was talking to them today and it looks like they are going to get it to my door for $6600. Man I am stoked but well see. Im gonna talk to the guy tomorrow. We couldnt do it today cuz the shipping place was closed.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts