Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about building one. Has anyone built one? Any tips? Mods, it will not be used for destruction, it will be more of a hobby.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got one. Its PVC pipe and Its about 3 1/2-4 foot long, with a 2 1/2 in barrel and goes down into a bigger barrel about 5 inches. It has a cap on the end that we drilled a hole in the bottom big enough for a coleman lantern flint to fit snug, then spray some aqua net in and spark it. pretty cool stuff.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I found a web page that tells you how to make them. They say to use hairspray for a charge, but I am guessing you could use just about anything flammable?

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
what you do is... get a grill ( yes what you cook hot dogs on in... get the red button you press to start the grill...

you make a trigger out of this... you drill two small holes in the handle to put your wires real close to gether to where a spark can jump the gap... then you use a shit load of duct tape to hold them in place from the oustide... and you mount the red button (the actualy trigger you press to ignite the gases inside) on the same handle... and wha-lla.... you have a trigger, no worrying about the lighter or anything else... all you do is spray a lot of gas int eh chamber... hurry up and twist the end shut and pull the little red trigger... and its just like a regular gun...

lol pretty neat idea we came up with after getting tired of it being to windy to get the lighter started.... :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
150 Posts
The best kind are air powered. Just make sure you construct them really good otherwise they will blow up. My friends and I made one out of PVC pipe. It had like a 2 inch barrel and a 5 inch tank that you fill with compressed air. Then in between the two we put a big valve. Stuff with a nice sized patato and fill with air from an air compresser, about 150- 300 psi (depending on how brave your feeling at the moment) then let her rip. When you put it together use lots of glue and let it dry really good. Other wise it may blow apart like ours. Makes your ears ring for a while...

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
I made one a while back. Worked pretty good. I found that hair spray works the best.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Yam 21 said:
what you do is... get a grill ( yes what you cook hot dogs on in... get the red button you press to start the grill...

you make a trigger out of this... you drill two small holes in the handle to put your wires real close to gether to where a spark can jump the gap... then you use a shit load of duct tape to hold them in place from the oustide... and you mount the red button (the actualy trigger you press to ignite the gases inside) on the same handle... and wha-lla.... you have a trigger, no worrying about the lighter or anything else... all you do is spray a lot of gas int eh chamber... hurry up and twist the end shut and pull the little red trigger... and its just like a regular gun...

lol pretty neat idea we came up with after getting tired of it being to windy to get the lighter started.... :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup:
:nod: :nod:
My dad made one like that. What he did, was put eye holes in the wire then put a screw through them and the PVC pipe and it sparked. His barrel was about 4 feet long :lol:
He used cheap hairspray from the doller store, and a cut potatoe or apple. I shot a tree with it, and cracked the tree :scared:

My friends dad put fuel stabilizer in a potato gun, and shot a frozen orange through a car door :scared: :scared:

·
Registered
671 Posts
i made my potato gun in metal class this year i used a universal sparker and munted it inside the chamber welded it up then welded the barrel on with a 7 inch diametr chamber 12 inches long and a 5 fpoot barrle using oxygen and acetylene i shot a potato to the end of my field thats a 3/4 mile lenght

next i decided to up the ante and filled the chamber up with 5 secods of oxy acetylene well needles to say the gun kicked back as hard as an elephant gun and sent the potato over the tree line at the back of the field to this day i ahve no idea how far it went but it would have to ba atleast a mile

·
Registered
36 Posts
go spend $4 and buy a flint gun.(sparker thing dunno what its called)
then make it like mxthunder and drill a hole on the botttom and bend the flint guns end up into the chamber and cable tie the gun around the barrel. put silicone around the hole to stop the spray from leaking. only use flamable 3 gas

·
Registered
98 Posts
Them things are powerfull , my cousin has one of them and it sends a potato threw car windows like nothing , i want one now

·
Registered
16 Posts
Right guard is a much better propellant than hairspray....It will shoot a tater farther than the hair spray also...

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
i built one last year in school... same as MXthunders and i sued hairspray and gasoline and axe crap and found hairspray works the ebst.. it shot voer 150 yards but you have to time it just right otherwise it wont go that far

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Foxracin said:
Crazed can you get any pics of ur dads setup with the screws and eye holes.
No, I don't have a digital camera sorry. But what he did was take a screw, not like a wood screw, but a screw with threads that a small nut would fit on. He put an eyehole connector on the wires, one on each wire, and drilled a hole in the chamber. Then he put a screw through each eyehole and into the chamber, about 1/4 - 1/2 an inch apart, and put a nut on them. When he pulled the 'trigger' it sent a spark through the screw and it jumped the gap, and ignited the hairspray.

·
Registered
475 Posts
use any cheap hairspray but get something unscented or youll have a rose smelling spud gun. by the way you guys are using the wrong thing to ignite the gun. use a regular grill lighter, you can get these at most grocery stores for like 2 bucks. Those flint things get gummed up and also dont last long after they have been used for awhile. Just drill a hole thats alittle bigger then the lighter and tape it in.

i also experimented with different ammo and you can use really anything that you can form a air tight fit with. We made a ice mold in the fridge then chopped it into peices and launched it.....holy craap.....my favorite was when we took some damp papertowls and wadded them in there then put about 75 paintballs in it and launched it......performed like a shotgun shell

this is cool stuff but dont use them for distruction or we wont be able to use them at all

·
Registered
218 Posts
We always use ether or starter fluid for carbs.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts