Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i get mine done what else would i have to do as far as upgrades? mines bored 20 over and has a toomy b1 kit

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yfs500r said:
port & polish, higher compression and a larger front sprocket
are you saying it would give me higher compression?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
pirranah said:
yfs500r said:
port & polish, higher compression and a larger front sprocket
are you saying it would give me higher compression?
No, he's saying get higher compression.

240 kit, reeds, air filter and no lid, reeds, reed spacer, and rejet and you should have a decent increase.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do you get higher compression? shave the head?

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
pirranah said:
how do you get higher compression? shave the head?
Kind of. Shaving the head might gain you a little bit, but you can get higher compression ratio pistons. I'm not positive, but the 240 kit might raise compression?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if i just did the port and polish would it run right with the mods i have as long as i got the jets adjusted

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
pirranah said:
if i just did the port and polish would it run right with the mods i have as long as i got the jets adjusted
All a port job does is open the intake and exhaust ports up, allowing a huge increase of fuel to go through. It will run fine stock as long as you rejet. But you won't get the peak performance of it until you get the other mods, but it will run perfectly fine.

·
Registered
91 Posts
they DONT make higher compression pistons for 2 strokes nor will a 240 set up raise the compression on its own either, you would need to get your head milled and rechambered for what ever fuel you want to run in order to gain any compression and keep the proper squish area's. porting it will not only open the intakes and exhaust, i also opens up the transfers and changes the port designs for the type of motor it is being built for.. i.e. drag, mx, dune, trail..

it would be better to get a bigger carb with it because it will let you gain more power through out the power band (pj34's are cheap and usually easy to come by), i would also get the stock cage ported and get some tdr reeds.

oh and to answer your other post, you will gain top end with a port job. depending on the port work it will gain in different area's. after a port job, gearing, tires and suspension will make the next biggest difference on how your bike handles with the new found power..

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
lowriderb said:
they DONT make higher compression pistons for 2 strokes nor will a 240 set up raise the compression on its own either, you would need to get your head milled and rechambered for what ever fuel you want to run in order to gain any compression and keep the proper squish area's. porting it will not only open the intakes and exhaust, i also opens up the transfers and changes the port designs for the type of motor it is being built for.. i.e. drag, mx, dune, trail..

it would be better to get a bigger carb with it because it will let you gain more power through out the power band (pj34's are cheap and usually easy to come by), i would also get the stock cage ported and get some tdr reeds.
Yes they do :wtf:

·
Registered
91 Posts
they make higher compression pistons for 4strokes (thumpers), the pistons are pretty much the same for most of the 2stroke motors. some have different ring area's and such but they dont make a high compression piston for them.

there are pistons that will change the port durations (vito's "power" pistons) those are set up to simulate port work, they dont add compression either.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx everyone :tup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts