Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad thinks that polaris is the best and only thing any one should ride :tdown: and i was wondering if every one could post how much they suck and if any ones got any pics of them could u post them.

thanx

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Lets just say out of our entire group of 5 Hondas, a Yamaha and 2 Polaris's, both the Polaris's got hauled back with a very wet motor and electrical system and were out of the 2 week long trip..

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Compared to other brands, I do not like Polaris and here is why. They are much heavier than other quads in the same class, they more expensive than other atv's in the same class, on the Predator, the air box is designed incredibly stupid to where if you wheelie on it hot engine oil dumps into the air box thus ruinning the filter, on the utility atv's, the braking is all messed up as opposed to other atv's. Standard brakes on a utility atv are on the right side where as many Polarises have them on the left :wtf:. Another thing to keep in mind, is Polaris has not been in the market of atv's as long as the other brands have so therefore the R&D is not as good as proven with some of there designs in both there utility and sport atv's. I know on the new Polaris Predator, Troy Lee edition, they claim it has a close ratio tranny yet I have read 2 articles from 2 different atv magazines that say it sucks!!! They say the regular Predator is geared better. The gearing is spaced too far apart on the Troy Lee addition. Both articles said that it really shows up between 4th and 5th gear and that because they are spaced so far apart 5th is virtually non usable. They both said the power drops way off in 5th and the Predator looses speed when shifted into 5th.

I hope that helps!

·
Registered
174 Posts
I agree with your dad 100%

·
Registered
537 Posts
Man im lovin this post!! :lmao: i hate polaris i think they are the worst quad ever they are all plastic!! especially the utility quads like theyre racks are plastic :wtf: ? i just dont think they make good quads.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Man im lovin this post!! :lmao: i hate polaris i think they are the worst quad ever they are all plastic!! especially the utility quads like theyre racks are plastic :wtf: ? i just dont think they make good quads.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Slowaris?

Yup, they all suck. The pred sucks too. It's actually ok for someone who is not serious about riding, but compared to the other sport quads that are out, it sucks. It's a tank.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
First your coming to a Yamaha site and asking them an opinion of another brand of ATV. So, of course your going to get 95% negativity towards it. With saying that, how 'bout going to predatorowners.com and asking the same question and comparing your answers.

I ride a Predator, and it's a good bike. I haven't ridden a YFZ, or Raptor, so I can't compare the two. It is heavy and no reverse and is wider than the others. Then again, I bought it because of the price. 2004 for 5k

Everyone has their opinions.

~Shawn

·
Registered
194 Posts
:tdown: :tdown: I think they have a cheap ass look to them. Look at the frame and plastics on the predator then compare it to a Honda or Yamaha. Polaris' welds look like absolute shit. Even the footpegs on the Predaturd look cheap. As far as reliability I think they are terrible. :tdown: :tdown:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Pull Off Lake And Reapiar In Summer.

thats for the sleds anyways....

for quads:
Pull Off Lane A Race Is Starting.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
banshee213 said:
:tdown: :tdown: I think they have a cheap ass look to them. Look at the frame and plastics on the predator then compare it to a Honda or Yamaha. Polaris' welds look like absolute shit. Even the footpegs on the Predaturd look cheap. As far as reliability I think they are terrible. :tdown: :tdown:
See....

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I like the Predator, just it wont be good for MX really due to its weight. I think its a good quad for a rider to mess around on, trail ride, hill climb, etc. How can you see the welds on the frame in that pic to critcize it? :wtf:

·
Registered
2,917 Posts
Polaris is good for snowmobiles...

Not for quads!

The preds suck ass! They are the worst machines to work on. The dont respond well to modification. They are heavy. The only good thing on a pred is that it is wide stock and it has a decent suspension. Everything else... well :tdown: :tdown:

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
shawn7 said:
First your coming to a Yamaha site and asking them an opinion of another brand of ATV. So, of course your going to get 95% negativity towards it. With saying that, how 'bout going to predatorowners.com and asking the same question and comparing your answers.

I ride a Predator, and it's a good bike. I haven't ridden a YFZ, or Raptor, so I can't compare the two. It is heavy and no reverse and is wider than the others. Then again, I bought it because of the price. 2004 for 5k

Everyone has their opinions.

~Shawn

Shawn, I was not ripping on Polaris to be a jerk or because I am pro Yamaha. I backed up my statements with why they are not as good as the other brands in both sport class and utility class. I also just bought my first atv back in September. I ended up going with an 05' YFZ 450. I went with it not because I'm all die hard Yamaha but because I literally researched what was the best buy. I spent 2 years learning about all of the different atv's out there before I bought mine. If your happy with your Predator then that is great. I'm glad you are but like you also said, you have not compared it in depth to other atv's. I also agree with D Iron fist in that Polaris does make great Snowmobiles but not great atv's. I will grant you that some things on them are nice and I do like but overall they are not in the same class as the other brands.

·
Registered
937 Posts
My Grandfather owns 2 Trailbosses, I own a TrailBlazer, My Nieghbor also owns a trailblazer. On my trailblazer ive replaced the starter 3 times, the battery 3 times also. On the trailboss after a hour of riding when they were bought the tranny blew on the trailboss and it took 3 weeks in the shop to fix.

Im not a big fan that the polaris's are Big,Heavy,Wide, and Automatic(cept for the pred). I like there sportsmans though.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
JayDawg said:
Shawn, I was not ripping on Polaris to be a jerk or because I am pro Yamaha. I backed up my statements with why they are not as good as the other brands in both sport class and utility class. I also just bought my first atv back in September. I ended up going with an 05' YFZ 450. I went with it not because I'm all die hard Yamaha but because I literally researched what was the best buy. I spent 2 years learning about all of the different atv's out there before I bought mine. If your happy with your Predator then that is great. I'm glad you are but like you also said, you have not compared it in depth to other atv's. I also agree with D Iron fist in that Polaris does make great Snowmobiles but not great atv's. I will grant you that some things on them are nice and I do like but overall they are not in the same class as the other brands.
Jay, My post wasn't directed at you personally. I was just stating that coming into a Yamaha site and asking about a Polaris is asking for negative feedback. It's like going to a Ford site and asking opinions on a Chevy. Your not going to get postive results. Your post had a lot of great helpfull information.

I'm by no means defending the Predator, it along with all quads has it's downfalls. If I had went to a dealer and bought a New Quad, I would of chosen the YFZ, no questions asked. But, I got a hell of a deal for my pred, and thats what I went with.

~Shawn

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok , the post ask's about POLARIS in general.JDAWG Good answer.. I own a yammy, 2 polaris and a Honda and I use them all for different circumstances.

The POLARIS I use for yard work, leisure riding and snow plowing. It's also my wife's quad since it is an automatic and oh so comfy. (my wife is new to the sport). My son ride's a po scrambler 50, he's 6, he could give a shit as long as it run's... which it has yet to fail me (150 hrs so far). The Honda is my sport quad (400EX) I am 35 years old and do not compete but I do enjoy throwing this thing around and a little air time is good for the soul.

The Yammy is a Blaster just for the hell of it and for my son to grow into. I had the yzf 450 and sold it simply because it was more than I needed. (would have bought and sold a 450Rif it were available at the time)

My point is that all quad's have their quirks, yammy honda polaris suzuki and everyone is certainly entitled to an opinion.

I have yet to experience any major problems with any of my quads.

:nod:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts