Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 97 yamaha warrior 350 i just bought a motor for it second hand it had a different stator plug set on it so i took that second hand stator off and used my old stator that i know worked so i changed them around and nothing quad wouldn't t start with the push start button at all solenoid just clicked but everything worked before i blew a top end still even cranked with a blown out piston so i went and got a brand new solenoid still same thing wont start so I wanted to go riding with the boys and it started outta nowhere with the button cool i shut it off same thing again wont start wait like 2 minutes it starts again with the button i did this 4 times n now nothing i changed every relay and another solenoid n still nothing happens i completely took the starter out not even plugged in and nothing still when I try to jump the solenoid nothing happens no sparks or anything neutral light works im getting power all the way through like it should n still nothing please help meeeee

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked all grounds even took all of it apart checked tbe harness and still nothing i bought a used motor and the stator harness was different so i swapped my old stator on that came with the bike n since then ive been having this problem mind you everything worked before i changed the whole motor im no dummy either lol ive been fixing cars and bikes since i was a boy and dont normally ask for help but this ones got me the guys at the used parts dealer told me because I used RTV gasket maker instead of the original gasket that is my problem idts but i could be wrong

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
yes on the starter test. use a jump pack and put the ground to the case and pos to the nub on top of the starter. i just went back and re read the post and if i am following everything i think you need to swap flywheel as well. there are 4 generations of electronics and they dont interchange. what i am getting is all of the wiring harness, cdi, rectifier and relays stayed on the chassis and you swapped in a new motor. the plug on the new motor wouldnt plug into the chassis so you swapped the stator, put it all back together and it wont start. if that is the case you need to install the flywheel from the old motor as well. order the flywheel puller or you will destroy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes on the starter test. use a jump pack and put the ground to the case and pos to the nub on top of the starter. i just went back and re read the post and if i am following everything i think you need to swap flywheel as well. there are 4 generations of electronics and they dont interchange. what i am getting is all of the wiring harness, cdi, rectifier and relays stayed on the chassis and you swapped in a new motor. the plug on the new motor wouldnt plug into the chassis so you swapped the stator, put it all back together and it wont start. if that is the case you need to install the flywheel from the old motor as well. order the flywheel puller or you will destroy it.
I think that's my problem I read in a few other forums that they're not interchangeable I'll get the other flywheel back and see if that does it wish me luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts