Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an 87 warrior and this damn thing has been giving me so much trouble. I finally thought I had it done, and I took it on a ride today, and it died righ after I started giving it some gas. It was fine if I cruised in 1st or 2nd but as soon as I started going in 3rd or 4th it's like sputter then die. It only runs on choke, but my carburetor is clean as a whistle. The valves chatter loud and it isn't your typical warrior loud valves, they are right the valves they are in spec I checked. I tried going up a jet size, that didnt work. Somone please help, I'm lost. I have no idea what to do. The motor gets really hot, but I'm not sure if that's that. After it dies if i wait a couple minutes then it starts back up. I'm truly stumped.

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Jared.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was what I thought was the problem, bought a new boot and put it on two days ago, thought all was good, and it died in the woods. I had to drive, then it'd die, I'd wait 5 minutes, then drive until itd die just to get home. I've heard maybe too lean, but I'm not sure. I went to a 150 main jet. Should I go up again? And as for the valves, can I just tighten them until they stop clicking? Because they are in spec and still tick? And for the choke problem, can it be too lean and that why

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Or maybe it's running too rich and that's why it dies when I give it full throttle and I'm goin to fast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts