Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the topend down on my 04 today. and the piston looked a little sloppy in the cylinder..so i checked it and its 18-20 thousands clearance in the piston and cylinder. Is that how it comes stock? or is it worn down alot? I was curious so i checked the piston clearance on some car engines and some are anwhere from 18 to 42 thousands. So does anyone know??the piston is not burnt or scared..looks like new..as does the cylinder. Has about 200 hours on it

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
It's not even a year old. Unless you overheated it, I don't know why you're even worried about it.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
YamahaForever said:
It's not even a year old. Unless you overheated it, I don't know why you're even worried about it.
:wtf:actually it is over a year old...a year and 3 months..and y wouldnt i be worried???the oil ring collapsed, thats y i pulled it down..i was just wonderin because it just didnt look right to me, and no it has never overheated

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone look in their owners manual and see if it says anything??i cant seem to find mine

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Sorry, didn't know because you didn't say.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I dont know for the Raptor but on my Wolverine, for a good match it was near .0035". Sorry, I dont know how much in metric... :))

·
8,530 Posts
Manual says .0020" - .0028" Piston to cylinder clearance..

Ring Gaps :

Top & 2nd Ring - .0118"- .0177"

Oil Ring - .0079" - .0276"

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
diggerz...U R MY HERO! not really but thanks man lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts