·
Registered
26 Posts
Where did you get them? and how much?
Do you have any pics of the difference?

·
Registered
568 Posts
These are extreme whites. And thats what you get. If you're hoping for a blue tint, then thats not what your gonna get. They are a huge improvement over stock, and side by side you can tell the difference on the ground. I have some pics of mine in the link below. I'll take some better ones though.

http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=60752&highlight=

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
good post!

ive been wanting brighter light output but i do not want to add extra lights :tup:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ricky Stator also sells replacment bulbs and they are way cheaper in price. havent used them or seen them used though.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I wish I could just get RID of the stock headlights, not because of the crappy lighting (well partly) but mainly because of their location underneath the front fender. As soon as I hit a little mud, the headlights are useless.
I need some "Above Fender" mounted lights!

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
Pokey said:
I wish I could just get RID of the stock headlights, not because of the crappy lighting (well partly) but mainly because of their location underneath the front fender. As soon as I hit a little mud, the headlights are useless.
I need some "Above Fender" mounted lights!
nah, you just need " below headlight" fenders ;)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys I can tell you that it is a major immprovement and a must do if you ride at night. We put one bulb in and then turned on the bike. WOW all I can say is that the stock was almost like a yellow tint on the wall and the piaa was a very bright white. I cant wait to hit dumont thanks giving day weekend and test them out.

Here is the piaa site with the bulbs
http://www.piaa.com/Powersports/pia...?action=getWheels&make=Yamaha+-+ATV&model=226

Here is where I got mine, it says for a rhino but it is the same bulb.
http://www.parkeryamaha.com/browsep...-Xtreme-White-Upgrade-Bulb-for-Rhino-660.HTML

They are about $60 for 2 of them but wow they are nice. I will post more after thanks giving day weekend.

The trip was taking the headlights apart After you get them off of the bike and unscrew the front frame, the housing the bulb is in is held in by rotating cups and you have to just pull it apart.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
NitrousGuy said:
nah, you just need " below headlight" fenders ;)
Where can I get some? Oh wait, I would have to buy a DS650 for those!
:wtf:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Are you sure they are the same thing? $20.00 price difference seems pretty weird. I will look but if you have a link please post it. I have to buy a set for my dads raptor now that he has seen mine.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just checked and those are not the piaa H6M exstreme white bulbs. Those are Xenon bulbs. I dont know that they work as well so becareful. The bulbs I bought are the PIAA Extreme white. They are a bulb that is 35/35 = 55/55. Trust me these really do just about double the brightness.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Went with PIAA this summer & I orderred them at my stealership. Worth every penny, trust me. :))

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hey do these piaa lights run any hotter than stock? I don't want to melt the plastic headlight housings because I would like to also put them in my grizzly and the head light housings on that are smaller and would most likely get hotter on that bike. also is there any other places to buy them from thats closer to ohio for shorter delivery and less shipping cost?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They do not appear to run any hotter. They run at a different color temp (not like a heat temp) and are still only 35 watts, they just like as bright as a 55 watt bulb.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts