Blue Traxx Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Blasterkid13 said:
proraptor said:
I play with a brand new Dye DM4 with DM5 board and chip, 14 inch .693 Stiffi Barrel, 68ci 4500PSI 05 Mac Dev Conquest Tank. Best high end gun out there! :) :tup:
I'd buy a proto matrix before any DM4 or 5 there alot cheaper, and just as good IMO, but the 4's and 5's have maybe 2-3 parts better..I shot a matrix and it was awsome,fast and everything..I also shot a alias timmy, and that was nice..I like 04 shockers to..
Sorry but you dont know what your talking about. You can get new DM4's for the same price as the protos. The DM4 has less kick, runs a lower HPR pressure, and shoots smoother and more consistant. Also the DM4 has a better feedneck, Barrel, Chip/board

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
ATC Crazy said:
proraptor said:
Sure people are going to say tippmans but tippmans are a pain to take apart, a pain to clean internally, and dont have the parts support or aftermarket support that the kingman guns do.
Haha...what are you talking about dude. There are only like 5-6 allen-head bolts and the whole gun splits in half. You dont even have to unscrew the barrel. After the side is off, every internal part just lifts out. Take a rag, wipe the internal parts off, wipe off the inside of the frame; then put a couple drops of oil on everything that moves (O-rings) and set it all back in the gun.

It cant get much easier than that :tup: :))
With a spyder you pull 1 pin and everything slides out of the back of the gun...Sounds easier doesnt it. :razz:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
proraptor said:
Blasterkid13 said:
proraptor said:
I play with a brand new Dye DM4 with DM5 board and chip, 14 inch .693 Stiffi Barrel, 68ci 4500PSI 05 Mac Dev Conquest Tank. Best high end gun out there! :) :tup:
I'd buy a proto matrix before any DM4 or 5 there alot cheaper, and just as good IMO, but the 4's and 5's have maybe 2-3 parts better..I shot a matrix and it was awsome,fast and everything..I also shot a alias timmy, and that was nice..I like 04 shockers to..
Sorry but you dont know what your talking about. You can get new DM4's for the same price as the protos. The DM4 has less kick, runs a lower HPR pressure, and shoots smoother and more consistant. Also the DM4 has a better feedneck, Barrel, Chip/board
well ebay is the only way to go...I wouldn't buy them new..My friend just bought a new Proto Matrix off ebay for 850, with the upgraded board in it (can't remember the name)..And I know one other person who has a DM4 and a proto and he said he wouldn't have wasted his money on the 4..

I guess its everyones opinion..

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Tippmann 98's are the hardest guns out there to take apart. Stupid allen bolts strip out after a while too. But most spyders you pull one pin to get the bolt out, then the striker pulls out with another pin. take your 12guage shot gun swab, shove it in the gun, then oil her up. Tippmanns are also junk for anything but woodsball unless you upgrade them to electric or a response trigger(which is a joke) Buy a spyder imagine, good for everything and they arent too flashy. I personally have a fully customized model 98 painted red white and blue with sparkle, 14" J and J cermaic barrel, exp chamber, drop forward, and i use a 12 volt revy with x boardwith both guns. But most of the time i use my JT excellerator 6.0, with a big daddy smart parts 16" barrel, came with a regulator, lpr chamber, has an electric trigger and all the other stuff. It will shoot around 15 balls per second when the battery is really really good, but the hopper wont keep up so it dont matter. You cant buy a jt excellerator anymore or i would tell you to get one because they come loaded and dont need upgraded, the stock barrels are actually pretty darn good, especially compared to the tippmann model 98 barrel, which needs to be replaced immieditaly because you wont hit anything with the stock barrel. :tup: :tup:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
dsw warrior350 said:
Tippmann 98's are the hardest guns out there to take apart. Stupid allen bolts strip out after a while too.......the tippmann model 98 barrel, which needs to be replaced immieditaly because you wont hit anything with the stock barrel
How are they the hardest? 5-6 allen head bolts and you're done. Sure...it dosent take the blink of an eye, but its a lot simpler than a lot of the guns out there. And how the hell did you strip the bolts :wtf: You're not supposed to use a torque wrench ya know. I've taken mine apart every weekend for 4 years and havent had a single problem.

I agree with you about the barrel though...its too short. It needs to be about 12-13 inches for my tastes. Thats part of the reason why I got the Flatline kit.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Well guys at my local sporting goods store, they have both the markers and the marker packages.

I'll read you some of the prices:

Kingman Spyder Imagine Deluxe Pack 2004
$239.99
Kingman Imagine Marker 2004
Our Price: $149.99

Tippmann Custom 98 Power Pack
Our Price: $169.99
Tippmann Custom 98 Marker
Our Price: $139.99

Kingman Spyder Xtra Super Kit
Our Price: $139.98
Kingman Spyder Xtra Marker
Our Price: $89.97

There, that's some of the package and non-package deals.

Is it better to buy a package, or buy the stuff individually?

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Tell me whats in the package and i coudl tell you. hoppers cost around 6 bucks and a mask you can get for 20 at wallymart. You can get a 20 oz c02 tank for 20 bucks so llets say if it includes a mask tank and hopper that 50 bucks total. Give me some details on those i can fill you in. In most cases you do save 5 to 20 bucks buying a package but sometimes they rip you off.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The Tippmann Model 98 Power Pack kit features a Model 98 semi-automatic paintball marker. The pack includes; a Scott protective mask, a 9-oz CO2 tank, an ammo hopper, wrenches, oil, a manual, and a squeegee to clean the marker barrel.

The Kingman Spyder Imagine Deluxe Pack showcases a Spyder Imagine electronic marker, X-Type goggles, a 200-round loader, an aluminum CO2 tank, a squeegee, a spare parts kit, a rechargeable battery, and a charger. The Imagine marker features an LED light display format with semi-auto, 3-burst and full-auto firing modes. It's also set-up with a Vizion™ rear cocking system and an expansion chamber with a fore grip.

The Kingman Spyder Xtra Super Kit features a Spyder Xtra paintball marker with vertical ball feed and an expansion chamber and low-pressure chamber. The kit helps you get set-up to play with a Java X-Type mask, a 12-oz aluminum CO2 tank, a 200-round loader, and a Java Jerk squeegee with a swab.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
p8nt said:
get the imagine :tup:
Yea man, I wish I could. But it's 220$ :scared:

I know that isn't alot in paintball standerds, but it's alot for me.

Long story short, my mom owes me a grand, which I'm very pissed about.

So I asked her if I stopped bugging her about a wheeleir ( :lol: ) if she would pay me back in paintball. :))

She said I'll think about it, usually is a good answer. So hopefully next weekend I can come home with a new Tippmann 98. I know I said I didn't want it, but dayum. I was looking at a few of the many mods, collapsable stock, 16" sniper barrel, shoot forever and accurately...YEA!

The imagine is just toooo much money.

The cheaper guns are always a option of course, I can get the Spyder Xtra kit for $140. What it comes with is above.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Blasterkid13 said:
proraptor said:
Blasterkid13 said:
proraptor said:
well ebay is the only way to go...I wouldn't buy them new..My friend just bought a new Proto Matrix off ebay for 850, with the upgraded board in it (can't remember the name)..And I know one other person who has a DM4 and a proto and he said he wouldn't have wasted his money on the 4..

I guess its everyones opinion..
I physically go down to Dye and talk with the techs on a regular basis...They all agree that the DM4/DM5 is a better shooting marker than the PROTO. They say the only thing the proto has on the DM4/DM5 is its a tad lighter....They say in every other category its inferior. I couldnt agree with them more!

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
everyone has there own opinions..

And of course the dye techs are going to say that, its there equipment, there not going to say theres isn't better or the best..I don't hate the dye guns, I just hate the price, thats it..lol.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Blasterkid13 said:

And of course the dye techs are going to say that, its there equipment, there not going to say theres isn't better or the best..I don't hate the dye guns, I just hate the price, thats it..lol.
:nod: Just like a Honda dealer will tell you their stuff is the best when sometimes it always isn't :razz:

You'll be happy with whichever one you choose.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
blaster101 said:
Blasterkid13 said:

:nod: Just like a Honda dealer will tell you their stuff is the best when sometimes it always isn't :razz:

Funny thing is....Dye and Proto are owned by the same man...Dye will do warranty repairs on protos. Dye owns all rights to the "matrix" type marker so their opinion cant be biased.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
proraptor said:
blaster101 said:
Blasterkid13 said:

Funny thing is....Dye and Proto are owned by the same man...Dye will do warranty repairs on protos. Dye owns all rights to the "matrix" type marker so their opinion cant be biased.
yes I know that, and yes there opinion can be biased, they wany you to buy there 1200 dollars markers, the more expensive markers..more money lol..

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
DM4's cost $850-$950 new

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I seen the DM4's at 950, DM5 1,400, and DMC 1600

I wouldn't buy any of those, way to much money imo..I rather get a shocker.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
You can get DM5's for around $1250 now, The DMC is still $1699 but will drop in price in the future Im sure. I dont pay very much for guns/gear thanks to sponsors so I shoot what I like the best.

As for shockers Ive owned 4, 2 stock with vision and 2 private label and didnt like any of them...

·
Registered
332 Posts
you can buy my tippmann 98 custom...20oz tank, 200 round carryin case, JT fog resistant mask for like $100 :hey:

PM if interested :tup:

41 - 60 of 66 Posts