Blue Traxx Forum banner
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
so Crazed are you playing speedball or woods..

I play speed ball..Love it..I have a spyder imagine which I don't like so I use my buddys Auto-cocker worrblade, its truely a nice gun, but takes maintaince like a mother..

Yes the a-5's are nice with a flatline and such, my dad has one, but I personally don't like them, I play speedball and like to leave 15BPS strings of paint at people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Gun for sale

I have two guns. One is an older Tippmann 68 carbine that never let me down. I would like to get 65 bucks out of it. Great condition.

I also have a New Spyder Rodeo that i would sell for like 120 or somthing.
Its the green and silver one. Both shoot great and i havent used them very much so both in great condition.

Located in PA

email at [email protected]

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Ive been playing paintball well over 10 years, I also play on a tournament team and have owned almost every gun on the market.

If you are a beginner you want a Spyder simple as that. Sure people are going to say tippmans but tippmans are a pain to take apart, a pain to clean internally, and dont have the parts support or aftermarket support that the kingman guns do.

I have owned well over 10 spyders and can honestly say they perform awesome for a cheap gun. When buying one though make sure you get one equipped with an electronic grip frame. I would reccomend a spyder imagine to you.

I play with a brand new Dye DM4 with DM5 board and chip, 14 inch .693 Stiffi Barrel, 68ci 4500PSI 05 Mac Dev Conquest Tank. Best high end gun out there! :) :tup:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
proraptor said:
I play with a brand new Dye DM4 with DM5 board and chip, 14 inch .693 Stiffi Barrel, 68ci 4500PSI 05 Mac Dev Conquest Tank. Best high end gun out there! :) :tup:
I'd buy a proto matrix before any DM4 or 5 there alot cheaper, and just as good IMO, but the 4's and 5's have maybe 2-3 parts better..I shot a matrix and it was awsome,fast and everything..I also shot a alias timmy, and that was nice..I like 04 shockers to..

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Blasterkid13 said:
proraptor said:
I'd buy a proto matrix before any DM4 or 5 there alot cheaper, and just as good IMO, but the 4's and 5's have maybe 2-3 parts better..I shot a matrix and it was awsome,fast and everything..I also shot a alias timmy, and that was nice..I like 04 shockers to..
ehhh.... i dont know if its the best, theres alot of other very nice high end guns, its basically like personal preferance.... same as the question yfz or trx?...

probably the nicest guns out there are trixs, timmys, freestyles, egos, shockers, karni's, DC2, viking, g7's, flys, nerves.... all nice gats

if you can save for an ion you can get them for 280 Shipped new...

They are the best bang for your buck....

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Blasterkid13 said:

I play speed ball..Love it..I have a spyder imagine which I don't like so I use my buddys Auto-cocker worrblade, its truely a nice gun, but takes maintaince like a mother..

Yes the a-5's are nice with a flatline and such, my dad has one, but I personally don't like them, I play speedball and like to leave 15BPS strings of paint at people.
I don't really know what speedball is. :oops:

But I'd be playing woods. There is a ton of woods and trails around me to play in. Awesome sniper opportunitys.

I think I'm going to get a cheap gun like the Spyder Xtra or something, just to start out with. I don't really need top of the line chit to screw around with some friends.

Another question. What do you guys use for protection? Do you just use a mask and gloves, or do you get the neck protectors, chest pads, the pants...the works?

I was thinking just a baggy pair of pants with a thick sweatshirt and some padded gloves, and then the mask, possibly a neck protector... and definitly, DEFINITLY, a cup. :lol: :scared:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Crazed said:
Blasterkid13 said:

I don't really know what speedball is. :oops:

But I'd be playing woods. There is a ton of woods and trails around me to play in. Awesome sniper opportunitys.

I think I'm going to get a cheap gun like the Spyder Xtra or something, just to start out with. I don't really need top of the line chit to screw around with some friends.

Another question. What do you guys use for protection? Do you just use a mask and gloves, or do you get the neck protectors, chest pads, the pants...the works?

I was thinking just a baggy pair of pants with a thick sweatshirt and some padded gloves, and then the mask, possibly a neck protector... and definitly, DEFINITLY, a cup. :lol: :scared:
Um, well I play speedball, kinda hard to explain, its not in the woods though, its on a course type thing, its very fast paced games, alot of balls coming at you at one time lol...

Anyway, you don't need the paintball pants and jersey just get some camo..I wear a Jersey, pants,gloves, mask,neck protector, and cleats..thats it..I don't even wear a cup, not yet anyway haha..

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I wear a mask, gloves, a chest protector (just a light foam front piece), neck protector, baggy pants and a long sleeve shirt. A cup is a must for guys. I would get the neck protector since you could really get hurt if you get hit in the right spot. Some spots are more sensitive than others. I've gotten hit right by my butt, like my lower thigh, from far away and it hurt soooo bad. I can't imagine getting hit in a sensitive spot like your neck.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
blaster101 said:
I wear a mask, gloves, a chest protector (just a light foam front piece), neck protector, baggy pants and a long sleeve shirt. A cup is a must for guys. I would get the neck protector since you could really get hurt if you get hit in the right spot. Some spots are more sensitive than others. I've gotten hit right by my butt, like my lower thigh, from far away and it hurt soooo bad. I can't imagine getting hit in a sensitive spot like your neck.
Haha, or your manhood. :scared:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
proraptor said:
Sure people are going to say tippmans but tippmans are a pain to take apart, a pain to clean internally, and dont have the parts support or aftermarket support that the kingman guns do.
Haha...what are you talking about dude. There are only like 5-6 allen-head bolts and the whole gun splits in half. You dont even have to unscrew the barrel. After the side is off, every internal part just lifts out. Take a rag, wipe the internal parts off, wipe off the inside of the frame; then put a couple drops of oil on everything that moves (O-rings) and set it all back in the gun.

It cant get much easier than that :tup: :))

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
ATC Crazy said:
proraptor said:
Sure people are going to say tippmans but tippmans are a pain to take apart, a pain to clean internally, and dont have the parts support or aftermarket support that the kingman guns do.
Haha...what are you talking about dude. There are only like 5-6 allen-head bolts and the whole gun splits in half. You dont even have to unscrew the barrel. After the side is off, every internal part just lifts out. Take a rag, wipe the internal parts off, wipe off the inside of the frame; then put a couple drops of oil on everything that moves (O-rings) and set it all back in the gun.

I agree, even though I'm a newbie at this. :lol:

I saw a small video clip of someone totally dismanteling an A-5 and putting it all back togethor in less than a minute. :scared:

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Crazed said:
ATC Crazy said:
proraptor said:

I saw a small video clip of someone totally dismanteling an A-5 and putting it all back togethor in less than a minute. :scared:
Yea...the A5's are even easier than the 98C's. I dont think you even need any tools to field strip an A5 :tup:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Crazed said:
blaster101 said:
Haha, or your manhood. :scared:
I've gotten shot on the side of the neck and the back of the neck without my neck protector on once, and the one on the back hurt like hell, but the one on the side didn't hurt at all..All I was really concerned about is getting hit in the adams apple..

I haven't really been concerned about my "man hood"..I play right front in speed ball and I'm always tucked down all the time and the position I'm it I don't usally get hit there...I guess if I ever do get shot there I'll go buy one haha..

Oh I also wear a small beanie, thats a pretty thin one on my head under my mask.

hmm..Jess have you ever gotten shot in the boobs..I'm sure that hurts haha, I know those chest protectors are pretty thin though.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
I don't think I ever have. I know in lacrosse I got hit hard there with a lax ball and you can't wear chest protectors there but with paintball I think I've been lucky. Even with the chest protector I've never been shot there. To make the game fair, I took all the padding out of the back of it and the sides so its only in the front. They're pretty thin but block out any feeling of the shot. I feel stupid using it but I NEVER want to get hit there. After getting hit in lax, I'm VERY careful :lol:

One time I was playing paintball with a bunch of friends of mine and I hit this one guy on the innerside of his thigh right by his "manhood". I've never heard a guy make a noise like that :lol: He was hurting pretty bad. I would definately wear a cup even if you've never been hit there. You never know what can happen. I know a guy that got hit in lacrosse and had to have surgery and have one of his balls removed. He said it wasn't even a bad hit but it just happened to hit him wrong and he had to have it removed. I would think the same could happen in paintball...

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
blaster101 said:
I don't think I ever have. I know in lacrosse I got hit hard there with a lax ball and you can't wear chest protectors there but with paintball I think I've been lucky. Even with the chest protector I've never been shot there. To make the game fair, I took all the padding out of the back of it and the sides so its only in the front. They're pretty thin but block out any feeling of the shot. I feel stupid using it but I NEVER want to get hit there. After getting hit in lax, I'm VERY careful :lol:

One time I was playing paintball with a bunch of friends of mine and I hit this one guy on the innerside of his thigh right by his "manhood". I've never heard a guy make a noise like that :lol: He was hurting pretty bad. I would definately wear a cup even if you've never been hit there. You never know what can happen. I know a guy that got hit in lacrosse and had to have surgery and have one of his balls removed. He said it wasn't even a bad hit but it just happened to hit him wrong and he had to have it removed. I would think the same could happen in paintball...
yup, I've gotten shot in the chest, matter of a fact I have a bruise right next to my left nipple :lol: I was like wow..hehe..

I think I should go and get a cup haha, I don't want to have anything removed...lol..My friend got shot in the left nut and he said it hurt but wasn't that bad..He got lucky I think haha..

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Blasterkid13 said:
blaster101 said:

yup, I've gotten shot in the chest, matter of a fact I have a bruise right next to my left nipple :lol: I was like wow..hehe..

I think I should go and get a cup haha, I don't want to have anything removed...lol..My friend got shot in the left nut and he said it hurt but wasn't that bad..He got lucky I think haha..
I'd say so lol. One time my friend was playing and he got shot in the balls. He dropped his gun, which just happened to be fully auto, and was rolling around on the ground. The kid that shot him ran over and he's like, ARE YOU OK?! My friend just grabs his gun and unloads, the kid was about 5 feet away. Haha :lol:

·
Registered
839 Posts
buy a spyder aggressor xt, a kingman sprint electronic trigger and a j&j ceramic barrel from ebay.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ATC Crazy said:
Crazed said:
ATC Crazy said:
proraptor said:

Yea...the A5's are even easier than the 98C's. I dont think you even need any tools to field strip an A5 :tup:
Yeah, the thing I saw, it just had some pins in the side. My friend has a Pirahna, some cheap thing from walmart. It also just has a few pins to disasemble it.

But I still think I'm going to buy something fairly cheap, under $150 is my game plan. Then I can buy a few mods, and plus I still need some balls, air, and gear.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I was shot right on the "tip" once and yeah it stings like crazy. It got all swelled up and everything but yeah you dont need to know about that. :lol:

The worst place to get shot is the skin webbing in between your thumb and your pointer finger. It rips and can tear and bleeds like a gutted pig. :tdown:

21 - 40 of 66 Posts