Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I'm pretty sure I have convinced myself that Haulers are in my near future (planning a trip to glamis on new years) .. My question is about which hooks harder.. 6 or 8 paddle tires..

My current mod list is short (near nothing).. and I have read back quite a few pages, one thing that seems un-certain is which configuration hooks best.

I can see how more paddles (8) would equal more traction for a given circumferance .. they have more biting edges than a 6 paddle and since they are swingingthe same circle should spend the same amount of time in the sand so to speek

With less paddles it would seem there is more time to "slip" between paddles, this would allow lower powered machines to spin up faster and reduce their weight...

I've read just about the opposite on more than 1 post.. can anyone clarify this? :wtf:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
my 21" 6 paddle hauler kick a$$.. I like them better than my 20" 8 paddle. I just ordered another set.. 20" 6 paddle for a try .. but I won't get to test them out till christmans/new years..

Don't know if it is size related or all paddle related??

·
Registered
83 Posts
If you are new to the sand riding thing, straight cut paddles are good, but Sand Skate II"s, Sand Stars, something with a cupped paddle on a 10" rim would do ya fine.

I have an 88 TRX250R slightly modified, nothing major, and I run 20x11x10 8 paddle paddle tires.

Your Raptor will pull an 8 paddle, paddle tire just fine.. I dont think you can even buy a 6 paddle paddle tire for your bike. Even if you could it would be worthless..

Skat Trac makes an "extreme hauler" that has 10 paddles on it. It is designed for big "cc" bikes with alot of power. A slightly modified Raptor WILL pull those as well.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dbyrd said:
I dont think you can even buy a 6 paddle paddle tire for your bike. Even if you could it would be worthless..

Skat Trac makes an "extreme hauler" that has 10 paddles on it. It is designed for big "cc" bikes with alot of power. A slightly modified Raptor WILL pull those as well.

You are totally WRONG about the 6 paddle comment. The hottest going hauler for a YFZ with pipe/filter is the 21X12X8 6 paddle hauler. At least 8 of us on the YFZcentral forum purchased the last production of that tire and have had the same results. Those tires in my avatar are the 21" 6 paddle haulers. I've also got a pair of 20" 8 paddle haulers and that 21" 6 paddle will eat them alive.

You've got quit reading advertisements and start reading about "real" results form those of us that ride.

WHAT EVER YOU DO , don't stick a 10 paddle extreme on your Raptor. You'll have them on EBAY after your 1st line up with another raptor that has the right paddles on it.

Ridingblind Good luck on your decision

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have used a set of 20x10-8 six paddle haulers on my 250R and hated them. Had to slip the clutch to take off without digging in, but they did have great top end speed. I am thinking about using a set of 21x10-8 7 paddles, if I can find some.

·
Registered
345 Posts
For dragging up hill (dumont,olds etc.. ) 22x11x8 7 paddle tripel buffed would be the best tire if you had lots mods (bigbore,cams,carb etc..). yes the 21x12x8 6 paddle works very good on the YFZ, I have them also on my YFZ, but 7 paddle buffed would work good on YFZ and Raptor.

·
Registered
83 Posts
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do have a spare set of 20x10x8 6 Paddle Skat Trak Haulers....

I had a brain fart when I said you probably couldnt get them... SORRY!!!!!!

I am heading out to Glamis over Christmas, I will have to try out the 6 paddle haulers on my 88R and see how they work....

I know the 8 padddle Sand Skate II's I have work AWESOME....

I will update when I get back..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dbyrd said:
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am heading out to Glamis over Christmas, I will have to try out the 6 paddle haulers on my 88R and see how they work....

Do they look like these 20" 6 paddle haulers mounted on a 7" wide 8 " diameter rim?

·
Registered
345 Posts
IMO I dont know 6 paddle would work good for an R, maybe stock but not modded, needs more paddle, 8 would be perfect.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Thats exactly what they are......... 8"rim..

I think my sand skate II's om 10" wheels will be prefered..

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dbyrd said:
Thats exactly what they are......... 8"rim..

I might have a buyer for them. Will know after New Years. Do you want to sell yours and how much? What bolt pattern are they?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
dbyrd said:
MY BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did they work?
I tried my 6 paddle 20" haulers out this week in Glamis and they rock for an all around dune tire.. they were a blast to ride! I also let another member ride them and he is ordering a set for his YFZ.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
blwettstein said:
i run 20x10x10 9 paddle extremes and it gets er done :tup:
me too!!!

:tup: :tup:

·
Registered
476 Posts
i have the 10 paddles and love them.not trying to argue. just my preference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts