Blue Traxx Forum banner

Are stock front tires good to use in the sand?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
(Mine)

I Have a 2006 Yamaha Banshee, bored out with toomy pipes, boost bottle and reeds but for the most part its stock and im going to Glamis in a few weeks and i got the Paddles above on a set of rims I bought and i was woundering if they are any good. If Not I got Pics Below if anyone knows witch is best and I want to Buy a new set for my other bike "mostly the same as my first bike". (I want the tires For all around use in the sand but mostly going fast around dunes and taking off) And How many scopes if i get Haulers. And Whats good for my front tires? the ones i got are like the front tire in the pic (4) and does stock front tires work fine?
(1)
(2)

(3)

(4)
(5)

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
Stay away from the Geckos, the design work better for smaller HP machines. I run sand stars on my banshee with more mods than you listed and it hooks well. If you want to drag race mostly buy the Haulers in an 8 paddle. If you are cruising th dunes and wanna be able to slide around and trail ride the V-paddles will be a better choice. Dirt fronts will be just fine in the sand, handling wise. I have found the sand star fronts to be a little smoother ride, plus they look cool!

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Yep your dirt tires will be ok. The front sand tires do steer a little better depending on wich ones you get. The dual rib front stand starts probably steer the best. It is like a rudder in the sand.

As for rears. For general riding the sand stars are your best bet. They hookup good and turn better. For straight line drag racing you cant beat the Skat Track Haulers.

If I was you I would get the Skat Track Haulers now, then later on dump your sand gear rears, and get a pair of sand stars. That way you will have a good pair of V paddles and a good pair of straight blades. I would also recomend 8 paddles on the haulers. To many paddles will kill your start. You do want some wheel spin to keep the rpms up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The Skat Trak Edges are also a good choice.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey so i feel dumb asking this but how do i start a thread?? like im new to this site and i wanted to ask a question about which exhaust to get but i dont know how to start my own thread thing

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have 9 paddle extreme haulers and mowhaks in the front love them both also have sand stars for back ups like them to its all on you as a rider on what you want id say find some freinds and try out theres and make a decision on that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts