Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My warrior over heats I think, I adjusted the valves and they are in spec, yet there is still a ticking nose coming from the head, and after letting the motor idle for no more than a minute, and the header was burning hot, now maybe it should be I'm not sure I'm used to two strokes. Also reguarding the ticking noise, I don't have part of one of the timing chain guides, I got it that way, maybe that could be it? Please help I'm not sure if I'm good to ride or what.

·
Registered
417 Posts
warriors have noisy valves, just the way they are.
as for the overheating you might be running lean. check your air filter for leaks, maybe have to clean the carbs good and adjust it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My carb I already cleaned and my air filter is brand new I just bought one from moose racing, I do have a slip on t4 racing pipe, and my carb is set to the stock adjustments, could that be a problem??

·
Registered
417 Posts
yeah, especially if that air filter is a high performance type

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Yea I think my jet is 145 maybe, I'm not 100% sure, with the t4 slip on, what should I jet it to?? And I just wanna say thanks for all of the help, on every question I've ever posted you've constantly helped me out, so thank you. I also went on jetrus.com or whatever website it is, and they have jets for the warrior but they are saying they are for mikuni carbs, will those fit? I forget wether the warriors have a Keihn carb or a mikuni, again thanks for everything

·
8,530 Posts
I would put a 150 in it and see how it runs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can anyone tell me if these would fit my carb?? minukihttp://www.jetsrus.com/a_jet_kit_atv/yamaha_350_YFM350X_warrior.htm
I know my carb inside and out, I've taken it apart multiple times, but it's my first time replacing jets, I just don't want to order the wrong ones

·
8,530 Posts
The picture is wrong but it says its for a warrior, it should be right. If there is a motorcycle shop anywhere close? you should be able to get the jets much cheaper. They are Mikuni large round jets. You should be able to pick them up anywhere for less than $5 a piece.

If you are going to order, I would buy a 147.2 a 150 and a 152.5, as it could require any of those. If you have the money the allen bowl screws can eliminate some headaches those soft bowl screws will eventually give you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hah they already have me head aches!! So I bought better screws, and alright yea I live in CT so we have a few around, ill give them a call. I have noticed that it pops during deceleration and it's hard to get it to rev up, like when you give it gas it sounds like it wants to die, also only runs choked. Could it be anything else? I have read that running too lean can cause some of these thing like the hard to rev up and popping. thanks

Jared

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't understand, my spark plug is black like oil got there, it doesn't smoke so it isn't rings, like everything I say points to rings except that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts