Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend a buddy and I were out riding around for a good 4-5 hours and the bike ran fine we went back to the truck and took about a 20 min break and headed back out after that about every 10 mins my bike would over heat and I would have to shut it down and let it cool off. The fan works fine I've checked my coolant it seems fine. What else could be the problem I recently changed my coolant do I need to bleed the system?

·
Registered
110 Posts
The OEM cooling systems on the 660s are good overall. Could be several reason why your overheating. Make sure your cap is working and also pull your themostat and see if it is opening up. I have owned several 660's and each had different cooling upgrades. ESR temp gauges are nice to see what the temps actually are, Oversized radiators help but are not needed. Evans coolant is hands down the best around and I personally have ran all the top name brands. You can always hard wire your fan to run constantly. No matter what keep a close eye on your coolant levels. You could possibly have a gasket issue at the base or head, How long till the temp light comes on ? You could be pushing oil into the cooling system, what does your oil look like ? Hopefully you only had air lock or a radiator cap or thermostat issue. Many things to check. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.

·
Super Moderator
8,585 Posts
If the coolant overflow empties itself, you have a bad head gasket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The OEM cooling systems on the 660s are good overall. Could be several reason why your overheating. Make sure your cap is working and also pull your themostat and see if it is opening up. I have owned several 660's and each had different cooling upgrades. ESR temp gauges are nice to see what the temps actually are, Oversized radiators help but are not needed. Evans coolant is hands down the best around and I personally have ran all the top name brands. You can always hard wire your fan to run constantly. No matter what keep a close eye on your coolant levels. You could possibly have a gasket issue at the base or head, How long till the temp light comes on ? You could be pushing oil into the cooling system, what does your oil look like ? Hopefully you only had air lock or a radiator cap or thermostat issue. Many things to check. Good luck and welcome to the Forum.
I use engine ice coolant
It varys on when the temp light come on some times it come on with in 20 mins the other time I can ride for hours with out it coming on
I checked the oil it looked pretty normal
How do I check to see if it a thermostat issue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts