Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i'm new to the whole online forum idea please bear with me i have an old moto4 2 wheel drive with the high/low and reverse shifter its a 5spd semi auto i owned it for 10 years or so and the bike is completly stock still has original tires the cable that is used for high/low and reverse broke and i can find this part any where after some hard searching i found the vin of course behind the plow frame bracket so some numbers can be read. i found JY41YW001H0000337 what i figured out was its an 87 but the vin if it is correct isnt in my local dealers computer any help would be nice especially where could i buy the shift cable. thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you i have found that same breakdown although the drive selector looks just like mine i have no rod to connect to the sub trans just i heavy duty shifter cable complete with all the brackets and adjustment nuts it looks factory to me. is there any other way to look up parts by motor number? i don't even know for sure that its a 225 just from ones i've seen like it for sale and by the blue description with the utility racks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a moto4 350 1987 I know very little about it. There is a vibration , seems on the right side of the engine. When it's loaded it sounds quieter. When the engine is stopped there something inside that spins free for about 6-8 seconds??? The drive jerks once in a great while, while driving. Could it be the auto clutch? What do you think I should look for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Moto4 350 1987

I have a moto4 350 1987 I know very little about it. There is a vibration , seems on the right side of the engine. When it's loaded it sounds quieter. When the engine is stopped there something inside that spins free for about 6-8 seconds??? The drive jerks once in a great while, while driving. Could it be the auto clutch? What do you think I should look for?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes that cable is NOT on any parts fiche or schematic, mine is stretched and I searched for hours, found this forum, searched several parts locators, eBay, Amazon, etc..
That cable if available, needs a link posted or a part number on this forum as these bikes run forever, anyone owning one may need this one day...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts