Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do I need to buy that oil block off kit to ditch the oil injection? Or can I just remove the oil injection stuff and block off the hoses going into the carb, then just start mixing my gas....?

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
People have done that. I don't know exactly how well it works or anything. Its probably safer to just buy the kit and do it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
When you take off the clutch cover, you'll see a white gear on the inside, that's what drives the pump. Take off the white gear, plug up the line that goes into the carb, and you're done. What the kit does is let you take the entire pump itself out, and you put a small plate where it was. It really makes no differnce either way, except of how much money it costs.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Crazed said:
You have to buy the block off
I didn't, i just took the white gear off, blocked the hoses to the carb and took the oil tank and brackets off. Been that way for close to 3 years without any problems.

·
Registered
180 Posts
dude dont risk it ur better off jus spending the money and know that ur safe.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
blasterboy88 said:
Crazed said:
You have to buy the block off
I didn't, i just took the white gear off, blocked the hoses to the carb and took the oil tank and brackets off. Been that way for close to 3 years without any problems.
thats exactly what your suppose to do, you save your self 30 bucks, all the block off kit does is come with a gasket and that dumb shiny plate that replaces the the white gear hole thing..

All you have to do is remove the white plastic gear, block off all hoses and your fine, and block of the inlet on the stock carb.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, its not rocket science. After buying the kit and installing it, I realized that I could have done it myself. Oh well. Whats $30 anyway?

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you want to save some cash and get read of the pump make your own block off plate and gasket. Even with the simplest tools Hacksaw, Drill,File or sandpaper,

·
Registered
916 Posts
I removed my own and built a plate to go where the pump was out of aluminium and used silicone to seal it. Took about 30 min and it works great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts