Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Yamaha Raptor 250 I’ve change the battery, solenoid, and cdi box but when I hit the start button nothing happens what else can be wrong I even changed the fuse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
when you say nothing happens do you mean it does not turn over or it wont start. will the motor turn over by push starting. if it wont turn over when you push it pull the plug and see if it turns over when you push it. why did you change the cdi? check to make sure your ground and the big wire to the starter have good clean connections. use a screw driver and short between the 2 big posts on the the solenoid and see if that makes it turn over, if not you have a bad starter or starter clutch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried jumping the solenoid with a screwdriver and the start is working but when I push the start button the bike won’t start could I have a bad start button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
if the motor turns over its not the start button. you need to see if you have spark. pull the plug and ground it to the engine and hit the button and see if it is sparking. that will tell if it is fuel or electric

1 - 5 of 5 Posts