Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had the warrior running, but when we shut it off, it will not start back. Jumped it at the solenoid and it started. So far I have bypassed the neutral safety and replaced the solenoid, but no luck.

Before I bypassed the n safety, I could hear the relay clicking, but now it doesn't. Is that normal?

I also tried swapping the relays with no luck.

Neutral light has been working the whole time.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
why did you bipass the neutral safety switch and how did you do it. did you test the small wires going to the solenoid to see if you are getting a signal to the solenoid. are you saying the solenoid was clicking before you bipassed the neutral safety switch or the starter relay they are 2 different things. if it was clicking and now its not i suspect you bipassed the switch incorrectly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I was trying to check the safety and it broke, so I just connected the 2 wires under the hood together.

There was no sound at all when trying to start, I was hearing the relay click when I grabbed the clutch and let off.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
sounds like i dumb question but i have seen it done a lot did you tie the wires from the clutch switch together. i am assuming yes. you need to tie the two that got to the harness together not the one that got to the perch. you need to check the red and blue wires that go to the solenoid. one should be a ground and the other should have 12 volts when you push the button. if not you relay may be bad (not the solenoid) and need to be checked

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
When I tried to disconnect the switch, it broke in half, so I pulled all the pieces out and disconnected the wires at the bullet connectors under the hood. Then I plugged the two remaining connectors together.

I read that way on a post here somewhere, is that right?

Just got home from work, I'll go test the connector at the solenoid in a bit.

Edit:
Checked, and there is no signal at the connector on the solenoid.

I swapped the green and white relays and back. They both clicked when being unplugged and plugged back in. They also click when I turn the key on.

Side note, the shifter is going into gear without the bike running now.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
you do connect the bullet connectors just make sure it is the 2 going back into the harness and not the ones going to the switch if you cant tell do both. there is a manual you can down load in the sticky at the top of the warrior thread and it has a diagram if you have the bypass done correctly you are going to have to trace the wiring and find the short. did you test the button they get dirt and dont make contact. if the relays are clicking they should be good but test them if you can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, thanks for the help. We traced back every switch and safety, but still couldn't get it to work. Ended up wiring a new switch for now.

The one on the bars does work, but it will not start the bike for some reason. All that is left is cdi, but everything works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts