Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a1989 warrior with 2 pulse coils with no spark
i have replaced stator/cdi/run switch / key switch /coil/plug and all grounds cleaned and added two more all relays new and still no spark
i tested the stator and it is in spec
the wiring harness is in good shape and still wrapped up does any one have a idea what could be the problem and which pick up coil goes on bottom

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
if i remember correctly only the 87 and 88 had 2 pick ups so that might be your problem. if you replaced the key with the cheap one on ebay that could e the problem they are all wired wrong. you have to use the factory one. just because the harness is wrapped up does not mean its good you may still need to check it. did you test any of the parts you replaced or did you just replace them? did you use the cheap ebay parts?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes its all new from amazon i had laying around i restored the warrior and thats how i got to this point it already had a stator from amazon in it when i got it i checked the harness and ohm checked every wire and connector which pulse coil goes on bottom and which one goes on top do u know anyone selling a 1988 harness or stator

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
first and foremost you have to figure out what harness and flywheel you have. the harness you should be able to compare pics on ebay. there is no way i know of to identify the flywheel. i dont know which on goes on top but i dont remember having an option on my 87. it would only go one way. you will need to order the clymer manual for the diagrams and testing numbers. but again unless you know what flywheel and harness you have it will never work. and again that cheap crap from amazon or ebay is consistently bad and the key switches are always wired backwards. you need the yamaha switch. if you are going to try to swap electronics dont do 87 or 88. best bet is to look for a complete mid 90s bike and swap it all over.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts