Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a warrior project. Dude said he bought it a year ago rode it twice and let it sit in the yard till now. So it has some rust but the main problem is there was a clicking sound coming from the back when pressing the electric start. Since I've had it home and hooked up a good battery I had nothing. Just put on a new starter relay because that's what I thought it was. I'm not good with electrical stuff and am lost. There are a few broken and unplugged wires. I'll post pictures of them. I have done minimal multimeter testing but not sure what to check.
Any help would he appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
those are your start relays or safety relays. they allow the machine to crank when the bike is in neutral or the clutch is pulled in. for now make sure it is in neutral turn the key on, make sure that yellow wire has a good 15 amp fuse in it and and use a screw driver to jump between the 2 big posts on the starter solenoid. if it starts and runs your electrical components are good and you can just re wire the relays if not we will have to dig a little deeper. you will need a wiring diagram. either download it from the sticky above or get your self a paper manual. there is no way you are going to be able to pull this off with out it

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
that is not a 15 amp fuse in there now i think it is a 20 and that is too big if the 15 blows you will need to figure out why before you proceed

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that is not a 15 amp fuse in there now i think it is a 20 and that is too big if the 15 blows you will need to figure out why before you proceed

Ya it has a 20 in it now. With that screw driver thing could you explain how to do that? I sometimes though will get a click when I turn the switch on (no key just a lever) from sounds like the voltage regulator.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I did look at the fuse. Took it out and blew some air through it and the plug in part. Fuse was good though. I don't even have a neutral light either. On a block because it doesn't have rear wheels but I've checked it's in neutral and even tried switching on and off kill switch and pull the clutch in when I try to start it.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
there are 2 big bolt on the top of the starter solenoid it should be in the round rubber deal net to the start relays in the first picture. not sure where yours is but if you follow your big read wire from the battery it will be at the end of that. peal back the rubber boots and place the screw driver between the posts swing the screw driver left or right making contact between the 2 it should start cranking and if the cdi has power it should start. those 2 square deals you are holding are the start relays. they should click when you turn on the power. the rectifier or regulator as you call it should not make any noise there are no moving parts insid one. it is the finned aluminium thing next to the cdi. the baby blue wire in the one you are holding is the neutral switch wire if it is broken the machine will not crank

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there are 2 big bolt on the top of the starter solenoid it should be in the round rubber deal net to the start relays in the first picture. not sure where yours is but if you follow your big read wire from the battery it will be at the end of that. peal back the rubber boots and place the screw driver between the posts swing the screw driver left or right making contact between the 2 it should start cranking and if the cdi has power it should start. those 2 square deals you are holding are the start relays. they should click when you turn on the power. the rectifier or regulator as you call it should not make any noise there are no moving parts insid one. it is the finned aluminium thing next to the cdi. the baby blue wire in the one you are holding is the neutral switch wire if it is broken the machine will not crank

Ok I'll try that when I find time. The wires are two blue females ends and a yellow male end. There isn't a taillight though so it could be from there? And ya I tried to show a broken wire in the starter relay. Wasn't totally sure where the noise was just though I should mention a click from the rear end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What year is yours I have an 02 I can't get fire I think I'm missing a relay next too the silenoid

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
here is a link to a manual or you can download it from the sticky above. https://www.mdmotors.ru/netcat_files/213/177/warrior.pdf
if you can describe the problem i can help you get to the bottom of it. i assume that it is the same question you posted in 4 places. you think you are missing a relay? if the motor cranks when you hit the button it is not a relay if it does not crank it could be. please provide a good description of the problem if you can

·
Registered
7 Posts
here is a link to a manual or you can download it from the sticky above. https://www.mdmotors.ru/netcat_files/213/177/warrior.pdf
if you can describe the problem i can help you get to the bottom of it. i assume that it is the same question you posted in 4 places. you think you are missing a relay? if the motor cranks when you hit the button it is not a relay if it does not crank it could be. please provide a good description of the problem if you can
I bought it not running no spark. I have an older one I replaced everything on so I bought a stator offline didn't pay much for it I put it on and it did nothing. I went thru the whole harness checking switches and and made sure it had good clean connection. I noticed that the cut off relay by the neutral relay box wasn't there no plug in for it. The neutral and reverse light works but the start button doesnt. I have spare harnesses from different years I was gonna try too splice a cut off relay into it just not positive which wires. I've tried a few links for a manual but I can't see them very good I'll try this one out thou. I'm new too this site I'm just getting the hang of it

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
no spark and no crank are unrelated systems. chances are the no crank is related to the no relay. they may have just bypassed it and the connection is bad. even if you have the book the diagram is had to see but you will be able to follow the steps to test the electrical with a meter

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah I've been going thru em trying I've never tested them before. It says too test stator warm I watched a few you tube videos it doesn't explain that part. What's the best way too go about it. Should I crank it over a few times too warm it up first I have the side casing off already

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
when they say warm it just means not cold 65-70 degrees is fine if it is cold the resistance will be higher. generally the measurement is not that close. they are normally good or way out

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know mate, you said it sit in the yard for a year, the problem can be from the rust or from the weather. The rain, snow could deteriorate the wires, You better go to an electrician for a diagnosis, he will help you for sure. I you want I know one electrician Miami , he may solve your problem. Fell free to message me in case something appear, I will gladly help you. Hope you will solve your problem and will start enjoying that beats.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts