Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have been kicking the idea of getting a Nitro RC car around for a while.. I have been looking at a lot of them It seems like a lot of people have the Traxxas T-Maxx.. I like the T-maxx 2.5, but seems like the susp. is crap.. I have heard of a lot of people breaking the a-arms..

The HPI savage looks cool but it also looks to have the same setup as the T-maxx.. I also like the Revo, but I cant tell a difference between all them.. They all look like the same truck..

I think I have made my mind up on getting the XTM X-Factor.. I have been looking it doesn't seem that there are many aftermarket parts for the X-Factor. That might be a good thing, that way I dont blow all my money on this new hobby..

Whats some thoughts on these cool truck.. Here is a pic. of the x-factor

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
The Traxxas T-maxx is a very good truck. Alot of people break the bulkheads, because they get pressure from the shocktower and alot of parts, and they're only plastic. You can order aluminum ones and they are alot more durable. The shocks are crap too, but with some aftermarket shocks and bulkheads, the T-maxx is a very good truck :tup:

If you really want some answers, check out www.mutantrc.com/forums

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I race Nitro Cars..... and you do not anything with the name Traxxas on them. You want to get for a moster truck a Team Associated Monster GT :tup: They are indestructable! And I also have a Team Losi XXX-NT All modded out and that little thing ripps the track up pretty good also :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
u kidding man team ass, has some good shit but that monster gt jus sux balls, t-maxx was around alot longer and has more aftermarket stuff. i race a rc10gt tub chassis and .12cvx motor and other mods and my t-max with proline suspension , hotbodies alum shocks, .15cvrx race motor and have the mx3 airtronics remote system. t-maxx's are very durable once u learn how to tune them up the run great . i must admit the stock shock suck i blew mine out a week after i got it , thats nothing 89 bucks cant fix for new shocks though. stay away from x factor stuff and other non popular companies they are made from very brittle plastic and break alot. i have about 3 grand tied up into the hobby and decided it was getting outta hand judst for rc cars, and decided to save up for a quad. i am not tryin to steer u away from the hobby its great but prepared to get sucked in they are money pits.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
blaster105 said:
stay away from x factor stuff and other non popular companies they are made from very brittle plastic and break alot. i have about 3 grand tied up into the hobby and decided it was getting outta hand judst for rc cars, and decided to save up for a quad. i am not tryin to steer u away from the hobby its great but prepared to get sucked in they are money pits.
2 of my friends have the x-factor trucks, and I just like the look of them better. They drive the crap out of them too, and I have only seen 1 break and it was the tierod. It was off a pretty nasty jump too.

As far as getting a lot of money tied up in them, I already have 2 raptors that soaked up all my money so I will try not to get too much into the truck. Just looking for a new toy... :razz:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
got with the xfactor i jus heard stories of them ,i never drove them ever get it if u have seen them in action and u like them.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
ive heard only good things about the gs storm . . i think that its more of a race truck though , if you looking into monster trucks , then the t-maxx is nice , same with all of team associated's stuff

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
I have a Savage .21 and love it. Fast, reliable, very very tough! I havn't broke anything yet and I beat the piss out of it. Me and my buddy were launching our Savages off of a semi loading dock with the ramp up at a 45 degree angle! :scared: Nothing broke and he hit a box van in the air at 30+ mph.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i could ramble on for hrs bout nitro rc but ill keep this one short...if ur just starting t-maxx is a good idea...its very easy to work with (easy start) but t-maxx's also have a really good rep for breaking very easily i no out of the 3 rustlers ive had all 3 broke very easy...i personally like the x-factor idk y...im more into stadium racing so thats about all i have to say about monster trucks...they r so much better imo...i have a street force wit a hyper .21 clocked at 91.7 :) and a NEVST wit a sirio .18, turbo head, and everything on the planet u can buy for it and sum things i made/rigged that u cant buy/normally do...

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
I have to with YamahaForever on this, I have had a Savage 25 for over a month now, the only thing that I've broke is the one way bearing on the the roto-start (easy fix). It's a tough little truck :tup: Nothing against the other brands, just my experience so far...and there are endless hop-ups for these things (especially Traxxas), so it can get highly $$$ :lol:

·
Registered
674 Posts
harley_sr said:
I have only seen 1 break It was off a pretty nasty jump too.
What do you consider a "nasty jump"? I was jumping my stock maxx over 30' bmx track doubles. The doubles were about 15' high. I never broke anything. Mainly with a maxx, you break stuff when you don't know how to drive or control your truck in the air. It doesn't take very much to make them bullet proof. I've had mine for about 3 years. The skate parts and skaters seem to be hardest on it...I love nailing them when the don't move when I tel them to. :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
My T-Maxx 2.5 has been nothing but fun! Ive only broken one axle and i jump the hell out of mine. I launch it off my buddies 10 ft quarter pipe gets a good 30 ft in the air, and like he said most people break stuff because they dont know what they are doing. Mine has also been off of my roof a few times. I dont think the stock shocks are that bad if you get denser shock oil and double up the springs it seems better! I also have an Ofna ultra mbx r2 1:8 scale buggy that thing hauls the mail and is real strong. I jump it off the same stuff! Best thign about the buggies is guys that have those rustlers and even some of the monster trucks think they are tough and when they dont get out of the way on the tracks i can wipe out one hole side of their truck because they weigh like 15 lbs lol I also have an E-Maxx also a pretty good truck it is electric and has much more torque than the nitro engines, I put in some different motos dont remember which along time ago clocked it at 42 mph, ive only had one problem witht hat and that was my fault letting my buddy drive it got the speed control wet but traxxas replaced for 20 bucks! Traxxas makes very good stuff! Know what your doing when you get one, and you wont have problems

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just happen to have a nice T-MAXX 2.5 on E-bay right now!!!!!!!Check it out . It is item #5938722148...They are awesome but, my Raptor is torn down waiting on parts and this close to x-mas I can't afford to fix it w/out getting rid of something, but its breaking my heart to part w/ the Maxx.

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
My brother just got a Tmaxx a little while ago. My neighbor gave me his old stampede to mess around with, and one day when me and robfromnj were messing around with them I accidently ran over my truck with my bro's tmaxx and broke a wheel off :( They're fun little cars though :tup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts