Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to know if anyone else has received a strange phone call from someone that claims they are with some survey company that sub-contracts for Yamaha. The caller ID says it was " Western Watts" @
1-801-494-1992.
Anyway, this guy new I was an owner of a yfz450. He new how long I have had it. He said he was doing a survey under Yamaha for development of a new quad and needed my input. So on behalf of other Yamaha enthusiasts I answered him and gave him some suggestions. Here are some of the questions and the answers I gave him.
"Q" will be the caller....and "A" will be me here.

Q: If Yamaha made a new quad that was more powerfull than the YFZ or Raptor would you be interested?

A: I said HELL YES. Are we talking about a new Raptor or replacement? Like maybe a YFZ660 ?

Q: Well maybe. I can't say. Just doing some research for what the public wants. How about if this new quad was similar to a YFZ as far as design and like a Raptor as far as a larger engine?

A: Yeah , that sounds great. If they could use the tech they used in the 450, keep the weight down, make it fast revving like the 450, an engine around 660 cc sounds great with a weight as low as possible. Maybe offer a six speed tranny for even more top end speed But keep it close ratio.

Q: How about a V-Twin engine?

A: Well, the V-force has that. We blow those away all ready. I think the problem with that is the weight and the ability to rev quickly. Also the size of the chasis would have to change ALOT. If these issues could be addressed then it might be a good idea.

Q: Is there anything that you would change about the stock YFZ 450?

A: Yes. But not much. I would make it a little more potent from the showroom floor. A better stock exhaust and lighter. A better intake would be good too. Maybe an optional reverse would be good, but not for everyone.

Q: How do use your atv?

A: I do A LOT of jumping. Freestyle jumps. I drag race quite a bit too. Trail ride a little.

Q: Do you think people would purchase this quad?

A: OF course. I can think of 30 I KNOW WOULD.

Q: Thanks for your time

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
had mine a while,, first person in north Texas to own one.

·
Registered
83 Posts
reverse..? :tdown: :tdown:

why would you want a high performance quad made for the track and put reverse on it? It adds weight, adds more of a cluster to the engine area, 1 more thing to break down. I see nothing but problems with that. I would rather buy a honda 450r than if my yfz had reverse

Thats my 2 cents

I would of asked for for ore research on the tilt of the engine in the frame to make carb access and spark plug access better. Better seat and not to have the warning stickers rivited on the plastic or have the "indents" where they go in the plastic. A 6th gear, and a honda type rear chain adjustment.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I did not have a person call me, but I got something in the mail that was asking me to fill out a ton of stuff on how I use my new ATV to if I was married or not. It was like a senses for ATV’s lol, OOO BTW it came with a dollar bill with it…..I mailed everything back to where they asked me to and I have not herd any thing since.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
i got a phone call from barbara bush the other day :lmao: ....really...."vote for bush please" and all that crap.... :lol:

·
Registered
206 Posts
seriously man i would be lockin up your bike or something since he knows u have one!

·
Registered
287 Posts
humm I think you guys should be on the look out. When some one calls the next guy on here, ask the caller some questions and if he cant answer them then you dont answer his.....simple..

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
earnhard3 said:
reverse..? :tdown: :tdown:

why would you want a high performance quad made for the track and put reverse on it? It adds weight, adds more of a cluster to the engine area, 1 more thing to break down. I see nothing but problems with that. I would rather buy a honda 450r than if my yfz had reverse

Thats my 2 cents

I would of asked for for ore research on the tilt of the engine in the frame to make carb access and spark plug access better. Better seat and not to have the warning stickers rivited on the plastic or have the "indents" where they go in the plastic. A 6th gear, and a honda type rear chain adjustment.
First of all it would not be made for the track due to the cc limit that is current. Except in open class. I think they are targeting more of the big bore sport quad market. I also expressed my concerns on the weight issue if you read carefully. I also stated maybe an optional reverse, on a larger bore sport quad it would help. I personally have not much of a need for it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
prospector said:
seriously man i would be lockin up your bike or something since he knows u have one!
kinda what I ws thinking. My toys are very secure. In our shop with an alarm system and plenty of locks.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
yfz450man said:
prospector said:
kinda what I ws thinking. My toys are very secure. In our shop with an alarm system and plenty of locks.
Mine is very secured as well. It's locked up in the shed but the shed is right outside my bedroom window where it is very well illuminated with 3 seperate lights. Also, my dogs sleep in our bedroom at night and should someone come in the yard, the dogs will bark and wake me up. During the day, Rochelle is home and so our both of our neighbors on both sides of our house. I live in a small town which has very little crime too so that is another plus. But I do realize nothing is 100% secure so I also ask for God's help in keeping the stuff from getting stolen. So in reguards to that, all I have to say is. So far so good!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
yfz450man... I did a little searching, and while I couldn't come up with anything on a reverse lookup (must be unlisted, which is odd for a company/dealer) I checked out some other places and the (801)-494-xxxx number is from American Fork, Utah. Don't know if this would help any to see if it's a prank, serious, or someone out to get you, but I thought you might want to know. :)

·
Registered
83 Posts
super_kev said:
yfz450man... I did a little searching, and while I couldn't come up with anything on a reverse lookup (must be unlisted, which is odd for a company/dealer) I checked out some other places and the (801)-494-xxxx number is from American Fork, Utah. Don't know if this would help any to see if it's a prank, serious, or someone out to get you, but I thought you might want to know. :)
there is a company called Western Watts, and they do survey poeple yamaha pays them to do so. Call the number i did...

·
Registered
919 Posts
dude, thats pretty cool i think. I didn't recieve a phone call but hey, what are you gonna do?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ok guys this is the survey company. please post your address and when you will not be home and the truck will be by shortly to pick your quad up. :lol: I do believe we are getting a little parrraaanooid. I have one word "insurance" if you are worried about your bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts