Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Warrior that I bought brand new. It now has about 500 miles on it and this weekend after a hard ride thru the woods I stopped for a while and when I started again the warrior was cutting out and dying. It acted like it does when the parking brake on. It would then run fine for awhile before acting up again. It is totally stock and the parking brake was not on. Thanks.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got 03 to and it did that to me a couple of times and i just unpluged the 2 connectors from the rear "computer'' and it fixed the problem never did it again and it has benn like 3 months and no prob

Hop it helps.

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Dealers and Manufactures are notorious for not tightening bolts and screws so go through and tighten all of your ground wires as well as everything else.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I'd put my money on the reverse sensor switch at the forward/reverse selector. Make sure that's tight. Most of us that race actually just cut the wire off and run it directly to a ground so we don't have to worry about it. But other than that, like Slithers said...check all the connections, especially your grounding points.

·
Registered
427 Posts
id say its the parking break ...befor i even knew what it did exacly it was doing the exact same thing to me...would run fine then when i got to a surten throtal position it would act up...it felt like it wasnt geting enough air or enough gas or something...then id hit a bump or something then it run perfect....even if the parking break isnt on it still could short out and limet your revs....best thing would be to get a 12$ parking break block off and rerout the 2 wires that go to the perch....and see if what your talking about still acts up ...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. I just got in from tightening the reverse sensor wire. I will see if that was it next weekend. Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
147 Posts
racingatvs said:
My warrior did that when i had the parking break on. Also when I ran out of gas. Tried to go one lap to many. But I just switched to reserve and it ran fine.
:wtf: so you just ride it in reverse when ever it dont run right :lol:

·
Registered
560 Posts
warriorGREENZ said:
racingatvs said:
My warrior did that when i had the parking break on. Also when I ran out of gas. Tried to go one lap to many. But I just switched to reserve and it ran fine.
:wtf: so you just ride it in reverse when ever it dont run right :lol:

What are you talking about? When you have the parking break on your quad doesnt go in reverse. duh When did I say i "just ride it in reverse" ?????? Just what i though I didnt. Don't know what you've been up too, maybe :jerk: A little to much and you think when you have the break on, your going in reverse.

·
Registered
147 Posts
sorry i made a mistake. i thought you said reverse but you said reserve. and you didnt make much sence with your comment just to let you know.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My Warrior did that at around 10 hours of riding time . Next time it does that try pushing in on the parking brake wire plug , where its connects to your parking brake handle also which will be your hand clutch . Mine would jiggle loose then start shorting out causing it to miss like it was missing or running out of gas , really exciting on a hill climb let me tell ya . I did away with mine , i cant recall if I wired the wires together or left them seperate but I think I left them seperated and taped them down under the hood . Since then it has ran fine . Yamaha likes putting in as many electrical gremlins as possible , keeps the Dealers mechanics busy making money . all this wire does is limit you to 2200 rpm so you cant ride away with the parking break engaged and wear doen your pads and rotor .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts