Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just pulled off a new trick today :tup: . its where you get off ond hold on by the grab bar like the street bikes do. it was kinda weird the first time and a little scary when it got away from me once but im workin on it now. ill try to get a vid up but its really no big deal just i havent seen a hole lot of people on quads doing it(actually iv seen none). any one elts tried it?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
So exactly how does the quad keep going if your holding on to the grab bar? Sounds like a recipe for a seriously painful faceplant to me.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
see the trick is speed and since i have just tried it iv only been going like 10mph lol. i just push down on the grab bar a bit, just enough to where there is only about 75% of my body weight on the pavement. then its ez. the hard part is getting back on :hey:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
with more pratice im going to try 30mph and work my way up. and yea i know im at serious risk so i dont need a hole bunch of people telling me what i shouldn't do(trying to say this in a nice way). and if i crash ("knocks on wood") then o well i get back and try it again cause if there no risk its not fun to me. im just askin if anyone has done it on a quad befour cause the do it all the time on street bikes but i have yet to see it done on a quad except for me :lol:

·
Registered
466 Posts
when you get faster tou might need the titaniam soles for your boots :hey: and make sure you where somthing for your knees couase that could hurt at speed :)

p.s what would be cool is a nother thumb trigger on your grad bar so you can keep on goin :hey: it can be done i saw one a road rocket beside the passenger seat

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
yah in one of tims and bills vids i am pritty shure one of them does it, there going pritty fast, ill look at em and make shure

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
I used to do that on my blaster all of the time on a shallow little pond here when it got iced over during winter. It was like 1-2 ft deep and when it froze, it was all the way so I would hit around 50 and go across, then jump off of the back, and ski behind it. I got good enough eventually to do 1 handed backward slides. :tup:

·
Registered
638 Posts
Anyone remember Ozzy? Maybe we will be reading about you next. Hope you don't make a bad news post for our sport.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i dont think im going to go fast and try it cause i thought about it and well yea if i crashed it would suck to say the least. its still fun under 10 though :cool:

·
Registered
897 Posts
All I have to say is what the hay. Why not try it, you think a back flip was the smart trick of choice 5 years ago? All I want to know is how does the quad keep up any speed to go for any length of time? And, especially with warriors, how does the damn thing stay straight even on pavement?

·
Registered
6,739 Posts
dirtdevil said:
All I have to say is what the hay. Why not try it, you think a back flip was the smart trick of choice 5 years ago? All I want to know is how does the quad keep up any speed to go for any length of time? And, especially with warriors, how does the damn thing stay straight even on pavement?
maby u should look at adjusting ur stearing.....mine goes stright, as long as there is equal pressure in the tires.

as for keeping it going, he has all ready mentiond that, u dont have a lot of time

·
Registered
897 Posts
Well then!
I think for it to be as b1tchin as possible he needs to rig up a way to keep momentum. As for as the steering, more power to you if you can keep it on the pavement for any length of time without having to let go and adjust the bars.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
um the ez way to keep you momentum is to turn up the idle

·
Registered
897 Posts
tistheman5 said:
um the ez way to keep you momentum is to turn up the idle
WAY UP!

·
Registered
147 Posts
njwarrior350 said:
thats just retarded....what happen when your wheels hit something and your handle bars get turned all the way sideways and your on the back doing 30...thats death, i doesnt even look like a cool trick
i think someones getting jeolous.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
lol after x-mas my mom is getting a digital movie cam so ill get some vids up of all the stuff i can do :tup:

·
Registered
769 Posts
yeah did that last 2 winters on the warrior... on ICE its much easier about 2nd gear.. sit back ont eh grab bar and wave.. or have ti pull u along like ur ice skating

·
Registered
466 Posts
[
quote="dirtdevil"]Well then!
I think for it to be as b1tchin as possible he needs to rig up a way to keep momentum. As for as the steering, more power to you if you can keep it on the pavement for any length of time without having to let go and adjust the bars.
[/quote]

as for what i said before hook up another thumb trigger or somthing to open the throttle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts