Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What's up everyone, first time atv owner here, but long time gear head and race car junky. I just bought a wolverine today and I just found out its a 96-2000. It needs a lot of small work, but I do need some help. I would like to list some things and if you guys can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Rear Swing Arm bushings
Front Ball Joints
New front rack
Rear Caliper Assembly (everything but the rotor)
Also where is the serial number at?

Tires, what came stock on them? Right now there are 25x10x12 on the back and 25x8x12 on the front. I think they are aftermarket wheels. What's the widest and tallest tire anyone has put on them?

Also how fast have you all gone on these? It seems pretty quick, but we need to clean the carb out. My dad has a 2003 Suzuki Ozark 250 and my brother an 89 Moto 4 250, both 2WD. Should I be able to keep up with them? We clocked the Ozark around 51 and the Moto 4 around 49.

Anyways I appreciate all input and where to buy these parts. I would love to ride it next weekend. Like I said new to the ATV world so I have no clue where to go.

Thanks again for your time!
Phil

·
Registered
62 Posts
that's a big tire, 25" tall! They come with 22" tall tires, some put 20" short tires? Why? I don't know? Bigger/taller tires make it go faster overall, but are a little hard on the clutch taking off as the overall gearing has changed to a more "highway" (speed) gear...without going down a tooth on the front sprocket or up ~2 teeth on the back sprocket. The Warrior is a sport/racing bike, made to be thrown around in turns, to do this, it comes with low profile 22" tires with flat tread, not BIG 25" BALLOON TIRES LIKE 3 wheelers did as they (initially) had no suspension and ran ~2 psi in the 25" baloon tires. Warriors run 3.2-3.6 psi in the tires as they have suspensions. I bought low pressure air gauge off e bay as regular pressure gauges don't work at those low pressures ($4). Serial nbr she be on motor and on frame where steering thing goes through the frame on left side of bike. I BRANDED MY BIKE by cutting the nbr into the plastic fenders in several places so if it is stolen, MAYBE IT MIGHT BE IDENTIFIED...BUT 80% OF BIKES STOLEN ARE NEVER RECOVERED!!! IF THEY ARE, THEY ARE PROBABLY JUNK, STRIPPED, parted out, ruined anyway. U Locks and 1/2" dozer chain Grade 100 or nothing but a note that reads, "please take this bike and ride it like u stole it" because they did. I see it once a week here, "HELP, STOLEN..." ITS GONE, FORGET IT, CHALK IT UP TO "lessons learned." The "crime months" are here, June, July, August...September...when it is warm enough to perpetrate crimes outside...as people leave their toys outside. That's all I have to say about that- Forrest, Forrest Gump

·
Registered
16 Posts
You said Wolverine so I will list what little I know.
Rear swing arm has bearings(did on my 96) they can be terrible to change (hard) had to heat my frame with a torch to get them free. but not a huge job half day roughly. Have only ever changed one front ball joint(JD Gator) remove the snap ring beat out old one, freezer for a couple hours new one heat the a-arm don't melt the paint and WD-40 or something similar use a deep socket to tap the new ball joint in place. front rack is of some use but look at some photos before you buy one. Rear caliper Craigslist? the 350 Wolverine came with 23x8x12 front and 23x10x12 rear they had good traction and they would spin on command but terrible top speed your bros Moto4 would have left you way behind(buddy had one true story:) the 25" tires take some power but the almost keep up to the moto4 and the inch of clearance is worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts