Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah, i recently bought one of those mini dv video cameras and today i bought the firewire cable to hook it up to my computer....well of course my comp doesn't have the correct port for the cable and im wondering if there is some sort of adapter or am i shit out of luck?

·
Registered
685 Posts
at school we have a vcr looking thing that you put the dv tape into thats just hooked up 2 the computer via a usb port. dont know how expensive those things are but my guess would be around 300 or better i dont know if they make any other adapters for camera 2 computer or not check ebay

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Best buy sells a firewire card. It's like 40 or 50 bucks here.

I'd give you a link but their site won't work for me right now.

·
Registered
522 Posts
good question, im ready to buy one of those too, my puter dont have firewire either. ill check best buy when i pick-up the camera. i want one of those directrecord ones or whatever its called where you put ur mini disk right into the camera then record, take it out and throw it into ur dvd player and watch it. but theyre like 800 bucks, out of my price range

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i figured it out, i bought the wrong cable...i needed the 4p to 4p instead of 4p to 6p...so instead of using a firewire connection to my comp i have to use the 1394....so i gotta either exchange the cable, or get the adapter.....no big deal....so i'll have some retardation meltdown video out as soon as i figure all this crap out....thanks for the help :tup:

·
Registered
307 Posts
Always use Firewire for video capturing, USB is to slow and the quality generally bites.

1394 = Firewire

And yes, a card is cheap, 20-50 bucks tops.

Its a lot of fun playing with video's. Dont get discouraged to quickly, it can seem very difficult at first.

:tup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts