Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to the forum; I just picked up a (I think) 1986 Moto 4 225. It came with a plow and a winch, and ran me $1000. It's going to eventually need tires and some other stuff, but as long as it'll push snow this winter it's good enough for now. I eventually plan to do some more work to it.

What it needs:

*Oil change (today, hopefully it's not thrashed since the oil is basically empty!)
*New gas (also probably today)
*Carb work (leaks when petcock is left on, probably float issue)
*Choke lever replaced (have part from previous owner)
*Tires (rear tires are waaayyyy over inflated and cracking/tired)
*Headlight bulb
*The rear looks a little unlevel/uneven, so I'll have to figure that out eventually.

Once I get the deferred maintenance taken care of, I'll probably do some more fun stuff to it, like hopefully add some extra lighting since the plow blocks the headlights when fully lifted.

Anyway, looking forward to bugging everyone around here with some questions, and generally chatting. I'll try and snag some photos at some point to share as well. I think (hope) once the maintenance stuff is done, this'll be a decent little quad.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
8,577 Posts
They are unique machines that don't have as big of following as other models on this site. They are getting harder to find parts for.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are unique machines that don't have as big of following as other models on this site. They are getting harder to find parts for.
I'm discovering finding silly things like an owners manual is proving difficult. I found a link for a service manual for a ytm225 and ytm/yfm200. I"m not sure that this would apply to the yfm225 though. I still need to get the VIN so I can figure out my exact year as well. The PO said he thought it was an 86, but wasn't sure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey YFM225 Mi...
I have one also...kinda beat, but solid. Working on carb rebuild right now, and replacing some cables. Just wanted to let ya know there are a few of these gems out here being used!!
Thanks...

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey YFM225 Mi...
I have one also...kinda beat, but solid. Working on carb rebuild right now, and replacing some cables. Just wanted to let ya know there are a few of these gems out here being used!!
Thanks...
Too cool man! Let me know how the carb rebuild goes. I need to do mine bad, especially in preparation for winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts