Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i bought a 03 raptor today, with some mods. really wanted a stock one but for the price couldn't walk away. anyway my friends have stock 400ex and ltz 400 with pipes, we all raced and they were killing me. i'm pulling the quad apart this weekend, thinking maybe the clutch slipping or jet is wrong. heres the mods

american star racing a arms 2'' out, 1" forward
durablue rear axle
full yosh exhaust
tag bars
pro-flow filter kit
he said stage 3 jet kit, but didn't tell me what its jetted at
works shocks

let me know what you guys think, motor sounds great by the way, starts first try.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wow, that don't sound right at all, you should be killing them! Let us know what the jetting is. that clutch shouldn't be slipping if it's only an '03 :scared:

·
Registered
750 Posts
sounds a lil funny to me never heard of a stage 3 jet kit for an atv. My guess would be jetting.

·
Registered
513 Posts
something cant be right you should be ahead of them by heaps
i would check jetting
are you wheelying too much?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no wheelies, its actually hard to wheelie, i think cause of the a- arms. but anyway, i'm gonna have to look into the jetting , also my steering stem has a decent amount of play in it, moving back and forth, could that be from it worn out? when i get into wot the quad feels real shaky and i feel like its gonan jump off the road. thanks again for your time. also if its my clutch what you guys recomend?

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Reckless said:
no wheelies, its actually hard to wheelie, i think cause of the a- arms. but anyway, i'm gonna have to look into the jetting , also my steering stem has a decent amount of play in it, moving back and forth, could that be from it worn out? when i get into wot the quad feels real shaky and i feel like its gonan jump off the road. thanks again for your time. also if its my clutch what you guys recomend?

the a arms dont make it wheelie less atleast i didnt notice it but i would definitley say taht your stem would be teh cause of teh shaky ness mine was doind the same thing, i jsut tightened the nut on the bottom and it was all better :nod: but i would deffinitley say its jetting cause your clutch shouldnt go that fast unless teh guy you bought it from really hamered it :scared: check your adjust ment on the clutch lever, it might not be relesing all the way, my brothers was doing that :tup:

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Wow again, yeah, raptors wheelie even when you don't try to. It's hard keeping the front end down on my stock Raptor. :scared:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i dunno, lol, i hope its the jetting. took the a- arms off, tie rods,a dn stem comming off, wanna get the steering stuff done with, can't take the shaking. and hopefully i will be able to wheelie soon :)

·
Registered
513 Posts
you could also check your tie rod ends for any wear or your rims for dents or how straight your axle is
all that could cause a vibration while riding
just throwing possibilities out there :tup:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
raptor 88. when your brothers clutch lever wasn't adjusted rite, did it make it alot slower, or just feel like it was slippng?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts