Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Trying to find a wiring schematic for my new to me quad. This one sat for a while and after putting in a used but good battery, I was able to start it up. Never had a problem starting it while I was getting other parts, and today I finally got some tires mounted and was ready for the first ride. Went to start it and it, was not cranking....clickity clickity and so I put a charger on the battery, and after a half hour, I go to start it, and nothing. No neutral light, no click, and so I decided to change the positive wire because it had a weak terminal, and while doing this, I jumped across the solenoid battery cables and it cranks ok...still needing to charge the battery. But my issue is why is it not (now) starting off the key. I did check fuse, but did not check past the fuse, I was going to go straight to the key, but it got dark....tomorrow morning. Meanwhile I joined here and was trying to see where the power goes after the fuse. Hope to be riding tomorrow.....anyone still up tonight?

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
it goes to the entire machine after the fuse. there is a link in the sticky for a manual for a wiring diagram but do you self a favor and order the clymer manual of of ebay. you should be able to get on for about 25 bucks. my guess is you either unplugged the little black wire or the red one with the fuse where it plugs into the harness. the black one is hard to see and easy to unplug when jumping. those fuse holders are not great either you should change it out to a blade style.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I got it back running. Ignition switch and starter button take a bunch of jiggling to make contact. Man these things are fast.....in my 1/2 acre back lot, I can't go higher than 2nd gear. I will look for the Sticky again and see about the clymer manual. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts