Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am gonna be picking up my brand new 05 blue 450 tomorrow, i was just wondering what you guys suggest to do right off the bat, i read that its lean from the factory so a rejet should be on top of my list, what jets do you suggest for about 1100 about sea level, also, are there any other things like this to do right away??
thanks guys

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
Here is the link to the sticky that has all of the information you will need..... http://www.bluetraxx.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=29319

And since you have an '05.... there is really nothing to worry about cause Yamaha fixed the coolant seal, and they did away with the decompression plug. :tup:

Congrats on the purchase! Have fun, Ride Safe, and Good Luck :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
awesome man! thanks for the reply, i appreciate it :tup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Not to scare you, but my 05 started leaking coolant with minimal ride time. I dont think the problem has been 100% fixed. Keep an eye on your coolant level. Other than that put a pipe on it and let it rip!

·
Registered
206 Posts
yeah my friends 05 emptied the coolant bottle. it is defenantly not fixed. he has had the seals replaced so we will see what happens!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where does it leak from? what seals need replaced?
thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
Mine leaked from underneath the water-pump housing, out of the weep hole. Its an easy fix...just one seal solved my problem. I have about 2 weeks ride time on the new seal, and so far so good. My local dealer was gonna have the bike for over 2 weeks to fix the problem. I bought the $5 seal from another vendor and fixed it within 15 mins.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts