Blue Traxx Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and the boys went on a hard 5 hour ride the other day. I have a 2000 Yamaha Warrior, all stock. Well everything was going good until I lost my negative battery terminal bolt. We was able to hold the wires to the terminal at first but then that failed. So we popped started it. Eventually that even became difficult. I also noticed my neutral light was out. We eventually made it home..SMH. But I noticed below the shifter, my Neutral Switch Lead is busted. Any thoughts? Is it vital to replace this? Or will it continue to run without it? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
it will run without it but you will have to bypass the safety start relay. find the wires that go to the clutch perch unplug the wires and then plug them back into them self. this makes the cdi think the clutch is pulled in. i would replace the switch its cheap and easy. just tip the machine up on its right side, spin the new one in and hook the baby blue wire back up

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, new issue. Hooked the Neutral Lead back up. Neutral light works fine. When I hit the start button all I get is a click. My tender/charger says battery is fully charged. It's fairly new. I was able to cross the relay and start it but that's it. Any ideas? Yesterday before all this. I noticed it was taking longer to start than usual. How do I narrow it down? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Check to see if you have a signal at the 2 small wires on the starter solenoid. Set you meter to 12 volt put the red in the red and black in the other blue? And hit the button. Should show 0 and 12 when you hit the button. If it does the solenoid need replaced. Cranking circuit has nothing to do with start. If its a hard start you have another issue as well

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you find out what the problem was with the motorcycle? I also have a problem with the Yamaha YFZ 450. Currently there are problems with charging. I checked all the cables are whole. Only the cable that comes from the battery to the generator has been changed. My friends told me to check the relay or see if the electricity comes from the generator to the battery. For this we bought a device for measuring electricity in some selling apps. Check if you receive values greater than 12 when checking with this device, you will know that the battery is not charging. Respectively, you will check the generator further already.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am replacing my neutral switch, but the oil drain plug has been butchered to where I cannot loosen it to drain the oil. I would like to tip the quad up on one side to the point that the oil does not drain out of the switch hole when I take it out. What angle or height can I lift it to without the oil slopping into other parts of the motor not desired?

Thank you,
Pneuhyde

1 - 6 of 6 Posts