Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if you all could post pics of your YFZ's with nerf bars on them. I'm putting on my Christmas list that I wasnt some nerf bars but I still have not decided which ones to get. I saw that Alba just released some for something like $120.00 but I'm not sure how good the quality is. I was thinking of either X factor pro pegs or the GYT-R. But I also want to see some others too to see what they look like on the YFZ.
Thanks everyone.
Jason

·
Registered
315 Posts
Jay I don`t have any specific pics of my nerf bars, they are GYTR.
Gonna post them anyway. Wish it helps

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
i like the look of the x-factor pro pegs... heres a pic from the mission yfz mx project:

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for the pics. I'm still not sure which brand to get but it will probably either be GYT-R or X factor pro pegs as I think those two are the 2 best brands availible.

Oh one more thing. On both nerf bars, how would you guys rate your quality of them and how difficult was the installation? I have heard AC nerf bars suck when it comes to installing them and there quality is not as good as other brands. That is why I have pretty much narrowed it down to X factor or GYT-R.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Jay, you pretty much have to first decide if you want the pegs to be lowered. That will narrow your reults down.

·
Registered
151 Posts
What about gibson pro pegs? they look nice to me, do they lower the pegs also?

·
Registered
135 Posts
here's a pic of some ac with roll kickup pegs.the ac stuff fit with no problem on my yfz but was fun trying to get them on my raptor.don't know if ac has just got better making their stuff or if it fits different on different bikes.quality is good and the welds are nice,no problems yet.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
screamin96 said:
Jay, you pretty much have to first decide if you want the pegs to be lowered. That will narrow your reults down.
Mike, I'm 6'0" tall and the YFZ feels pretty comfortable right now as it sits in stock form. Approximately how much difference is there in the peg height on the X factor pro pegs? If I remember correctly, I think it lowers the pegs about and inch but I can't remember for sure. Also, isn't the peg on the X factors much more wider than the stock ones? If that is the case, I will probably go with the X factors then.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Yea, it lowers them close to an inch. You wouldn't think an inch would make a big difference, but it definitely does...it's much more comfortable.
They are wider too, and have a kick-up.

·
Premium Member
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, how tall are you? If it feels more comfortable for you and your around my same height then the X factor pro pegs is definately how I'm going to go. I also do really like the wider pegs on those nerf bars as well.

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
I'm 6'4. My buddy, who is arounf your height, LOVES his too. His legs used to feel cramped on it.

·
Registered
814 Posts
you most definately will not be dissapointed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
ive ridden a lot
i highly recomend the AC pro peg nerf bar with heel guards ..

they work great and dont clog with mud .

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
Starsky said:
how much are the x factor pro pegs? Do i have to ask for them lowered or do they all come like that?
They're made lowered already. $242 + shipping...if you need them, let me know. :tup:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ok, im looking to get some nerfs that will bring my feet down a little and back if possible. i know a few companys make these. My questions are:
Can I use the stock heel guards?
Will I have trouble using the stock shift lever/brake lever?
Which ones are the best and how much are they?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts