Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m new to all this quad stuff and I need help. I just recently bought a yamaha raptor 660r and I need help with some questions. What oil do I put in it? What oil do I use to lube up the clutch? (It’s very stiff to pull in) and also can I leave it out in the rain? Can it get damaged?

id really appreciate if somebody took the time out of they’re day to answer. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I’d highly recommend getting a copy of the owner’s manual. That will tell you what oil to run (do NOT run automotive oil, it’ll destroy the clutch).

If your clutch is that hard to pull, you’ll honestly be better off just replacing the cable (assuming it’s a mechanical clutch and not a hydraulic clutch. If it’s hydraulic you’ll have other issues).

Leaving it out in the rain really isn’t good. At minimum, put a tarp over it to protect it as much as you can. Leaving it out unprotected will cause premature failure in nearly every system on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
8,571 Posts
For the small difference in cost its best to run Yamalube or other Atv oil.. You can run most diesel oils but they aren't much less expensive. You probably need to lube the clutch cable or get yourself a new one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts