Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 1999 Yamaha Warrior 350 and after I bought it for $1600, I rebuilt the carb on it and cleaned it out. I just ordered a pet cock to put on it but it isn't here yet. It starts just fine most of the time. It idles great. But when I put it in gear and I am riding, I can feel it lose power for a second or two then the power kicks back in, and it also backfires. Every day or so I have to clean the sparks plug with a wire brush because carbon gets built up on it. I just found out that the exhaust pipe has two holes in it about an inch wide. I don't know if the carb needs to be adjusted, or the exhaust pipe is the problem. Please let me know.

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
Probably needs jetted. Search the forum here for help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Could be your accelerator pump? Is it only when you first twist the throttle or does it do it when you're holding the throttle at a steady speed? Did you do the spring upgrade on the accelerator pump?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could be your accelerator pump? Is it only when you first twist the throttle or does it do it when you're holding the throttle at a steady speed? Did you do the spring upgrade on the accelerator pump?
The carb is original. From what I know nothing is upgraded. And it's when I am full throttle no matter what gear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts