Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rebuilt my blaster motor, now after I finished got the tank back on and fired it up, it ran for about 5 seconds and then it will not start, I pulled the plug and it was wet so I put a new one in and nothing, I just kick and kick,, I put a new stater in, will that have anything to do with it starting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had to put a new flywheel key in, and I just ordered a compression and leak down test kit, so I'm waiting on that, also can I take the head to a machine shop and have it bored to fit a larger piston, the past owner started rebuilding this blaster, its got a wisco crank. But when they did the transmission they forgot to put a gear in so thats why I had to split the cases myself, I put new gaskets but never replaced rings or piston. So I think my best bet would be strip it back down pull the head ,and have it bored to fit larger piston???

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
You would not bore the head. You would bore the jug/cylinder. Most bikes now can't be bored. You can send them off and have them recoated but probably just cheaper to buy a matched piston and jug off ebay. I would not do anything until you do the leak down. That will tell you where your problem is. And I would double check that key since it stripped it before. Maybe there is a problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts