Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 1992 Yamaha warrior for 500$ and i went to take all the plastics of to do a really good cleaning and i found that most of the bolts are striped and some are missing were can i find bolts like a set or something that will replace the ones i have.

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine were the same way on the the rear plastics on my 88. Good price if it runs by the way. I couldnt find any of the SAME bolt (I have run into this alot on this bike, its a metric thread that seem to be hard to find). So what I did was buy a tap and die set and run a slightly bigger standard tap thru the threads to clean them up a bit and make them a standard thread. Then I got the bolts to match the tap and put them in place of the old ones. I ONLY did this for the plastics. NOT on the motor or any important part like that. But it can be done with time and patients. Good luck with your bike.

Oh and I got all my bolts at Home Depot. But most likely you can find them at any part store after you change the threads from Metric to SAE.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just when to home depot and used one of the bolts off the quad to but bolts for home depot thery were much easyer to find then i though it would have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts