Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I need some help deciding between the two. I am going to be buying a MX quad by May or sooner. Anyways, Ive narrowed it down to the YFZ450 or TRX450r. I like both the quads and I cant decide on which one I want. I will be racing MX with it and will only have the basic MX mods like pipe, filter, nerfs, bars, bumper, number plates, wheels, tires, and a G-Force +2+4 axle. I like the idea of a kick start so I will add it to my YFZ eventually. Anyways, Im not sure what to get and I would like your help. Give me your ownest opinions and reason and not just saying the YFZ because this is a Yamaha site.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
IMO the black 05 450r looks so fucking nice :drool:

But as speed goes, my friends stock YFZ beat a 450r (not sure if it had mods or not) in a drag so i really dont know :shrug:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its not really speed thats going to be my deciding factor. I am going to be racing MX, so speed has nothing to do with it. I also will be doing hill climbs and some trails every now and then, but for the most part MX.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Get the TRX. They have the kickstarter already on it so no worrying about a dead battery ever :tup: They are very close on a track, depending on riders :tup:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I want the kickstarter for the reduced weight. Also, kick starting a quad doesnt bother me at all. I actually like it better than E-start.

Also, I will be removing the headlights and everything as well so I wouldnt need a battery anyways.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I'd wait, maybe by feb. a suzuki 450 will be out, and you could test it out and let us all know how it does! :tup: I'd say better then the yamaha, and it should lay it all over the honda! :hey:

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, whens the Suzuki 450 suppoused to be out? Also, do you think the MSRP on the Suzuki 450 should be about the same as 450r? Im hoping because the YFZ is more expensive new.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
YamahaRider350 said:
Hmm, whens the Suzuki 450 suppoused to be out? Also, do you think the MSRP on the Suzuki 450 should be about the same as 450r? Im hoping because the YFZ is more expensive new.

dirt wheels said not too long ago that the suzuki 450 would be out mid race season next year...

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If its the same price as the Rs(like $200 difference) I will probably buy it. Im sure it will be better than the 450r and YFZ since its been under development longer and got to see what the 450s can do.

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
didnt u jus get a 400ex?

if i were u i would wait for the z to come out and compare all of them

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
ZBlaster said:
YamahaRider350 said:

dirt wheels said not too long ago that the suzuki 450 would be out mid race season next year...
it will be out around june ;)

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The 450r is a great quad and i love it. I would recoemend it most def. Alot of people bash it on here but dont mind them, :smooch: .

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
YamahaRider350 said:
If its the same price as the Rs(like $200 difference) I will probably buy it. Im sure it will be better than the 450r and YFZ since its been under development longer and got to see what the 450s can do.
Id imagine it would be close cause its Yamaha Vs Honda Vs Suzuki so they are gonna wanna keep the quads within each others price ranges to stay competitive

1 - 17 of 17 Posts