Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I didnt think I would have to turn to a quad site to get info on my school work but oh well. :lol:

I have to type up a 5 page term paper on the history of weapons and defense of the US. I need some help looking up some research of this, and yea, I did google and those other search methods and I just thought more people helping me would help. So if someone could find some info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. :tup:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Actually, I think there was a topic on this site about it. Do a quick search and see if you can find any helpful info. Good luck :tup:

·
Registered
145 Posts
you know, the internet isnt really the best place. I didnt even use an internet source. they have these new inventions called libraries that have these wierd papery things with information written on them

·
Registered
201 Posts
you know, the internet isnt really the best place. I didnt even use an internet source. they have these new inventions called libraries that have these wierd papery things with information written on them
:lol: good one dont have too much fun

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Allan is cool said:
Sorry allan, but the library isnt new, its ancient :lol:

I know some of you "older" people never grew up with computers or all this advanced technology, but us teenagers are. You're probably right, a book probably has much more helpful information then a computer does, but people today (including myself) are way to damn lazy to go to the library and read books all day for information you can find half asses on a website.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quadracer89 said:
Allan is cool said:
Sorry allan, but the library isnt new, its ancient :lol:

I know some of you "older" people never grew up with computers or all this advanced technology, but us teenagers are. You're probably right, a book probably has much more helpful information then a computer does, but people today (including myself) are way to damn lazy to go to the library and read books all day for information you can find half asses on a website.
Yup :nod: :lmao: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well yea we all know that. Anyone that knows of some good history sites..or other sites that would help me?

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Watch the History Channel and The Learning Channel for a while. They always have stuff on there. Hell, I could prolly write 5 pages just ont he stuff I learned from there. I would break it down into section if I were you...like American Revolution era, Civil War era, Spanish-American War era, World War 1, World War 2, Korea, Vietnam, Persian Gulf War, then do modern times. For the most part, weapons technology advances quickest during war time or right after. But you could discuss the weapons of each era. It owuld be easier to find info on the weapos for a particualr era than overall. But for defense, if you're talking about defense fo the physical US, there wasn't much to do. During WW2, we had big guns in spots on the west coast, but I think that was about it. Our DEfense was OFFense...fighting the war over there and putting a stop to it before it got here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts