Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well right now I dont have a complete set of tools to work on anything, I just have tools scattered around the house that are crap anyways, so bottom line, i need new tools.

I want GOOD tools (not craftsman/kmart :lol: ) I want to know what tools you guys would suggest (website maybe) and about how much they are. (I would be getting sockets, wrenches, and some impact sockets)

·
Registered
937 Posts
i love craftsman, who cares if k mart bought them out, buy craftsman.

All my tools are craftsman and i love them all, there great tools and never break, and if they do they'll replace it for free!

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
I have Craftsman, but they are intended for use on stuff like around the house projects. Quads, dirtbikes, snowmobiles. Go to a garage, alot of garages use Snap-on or Mac tools. My next set of tools will be Mac, it's what Jessie James uses :lol:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have Snap-on, Mac, Craftsman, and S-K, also a bunch of brand-x cheapies. Snap-on is pretty expensive along with Mac. I think that most people who are home mechanics don't need anything more than craftsman or S-K brands. I have some cheap tools (mainly off brand wrenches) that will do most anything I need them to. I will say though, that I definately like my Snap-on wrenches better than any other wrench I've used. I've got several Mac wrenches that I've had to get replaced becuase the open ends spread out and slip, couldn't take the pressure I guess. I wouldn't buy another Mac wrench for anything, I'd rather have craftsman wrenches than Macs. At least if Craftsman break you local Sears usually isn't too far away to get it replaced. Break a tool truck only tool, and you have to wait for them to show back up again before it's replaced or fixed. I've broken at least one kind of tool of every brand I listed at one time or another.
If money is no object to you, then by all means buy every Snap-on tool you can afford, I personally wouldn't buy the Mac stuff, (jmho) though. Most of you guys would do well to spend your money on craftsman tools, then spend what you saved by not buying Snap-on, or Mac, and get some more goodies for your quads.

·
Registered
6,520 Posts
ZBlaster said:
mac and snap on are all i use...
same here, well...not MAC, i think there sockets are junk and there ratchets are 1970's, but thats besides the point.

to the novice or garage tinkerer you will be very happy with crafstman.
there priced very good compared to professional tools ( yes, i DID go there), and will work very well for the home wrench :tup:

·
Registered
916 Posts
I would buy anything that is gauranteed for life. If you have a sears close by I would by craftsman, but if not dont because you will have to get to one to get them replaced. If you see a Snap-on, MAC, or MACTO dealer regulary I would get them. I never see a MAC dealer so when one breaks it takes forever to get it replaced.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Dude.. What does it matter where you get tools? If Kmart starts selling craftsman, the quality of the tools are not going to change just becuase a different store now sells them. Craftsman are know to be very good, reliable tools and I would suggest them to anyone and everyone! :tup:

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Blastermaster58 said:
Craftsman is the best.
bahahahahaha :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: umm no

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
NitrousGuy said:
ZBlaster said:
mac and snap on are all i use...
same here, well...not MAC, i think there sockets are junk and there ratchets are 1970's, but thats besides the point.
u think the MAC 0 degree ratchets are from the 70's????????? there the best thing since sliced bread my friend :razz:

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
we have snap-on, mac, craftsmen and S&K and i love all of them i have only broken a couple of the craftsmen sockets but other than that i love the snap-on racthets. my uncle is a dealer of snap-on so we get them for like 50% off :razz:

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I bought a large Craftsman set and wrenched all summer long on my truck, and still am. I used them to pull and install 2 motors, swap 2 cabs, and tons more stuff, and I haven't broken any wrenches, sockets, or ratchets...I did break some bolts though lol. Craftsman are definitely good, and about 500,000 times better than the cheap Taiwan or China made tools they sell at walmart.

I say unless you are a professional mechanic or something like that, then go with Craftsman. They are working well for me. I do have a set of SK 1/2 drive sockets that also work very well.

·
Premium Member
1,924 Posts
Craftsman uses shorter tools so u are less likly to break them. Just compare the standerd 3/8 drive craftsman ratched to the snap on one. Same goes with wrenches

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a set of craftsmen and stanley they both are great and haven't failed me yet.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've been using a Stanley socket/wrench set from Walmart, about $100. I didn't expect anything great out of it, but they've held up really well, the only problem is the 1/2" rachet is a little sticky, but if it breaks, I'll probably buy a S-K rachet to put in the set. I haven't broken any sockets or wrenches, and I've been using it hard for quite a while. Nice plastic case to hold everything too. A lot better than the Craftsman set my friend has (it always doesn't latch properly and dumps all the sockets when you open it up.)

·
Registered
422 Posts
i use snap on at the shop at my school and they are the best tools to work with. i use S&K, craftsman, and snap on. i use craftsman because you cant beat their warntee.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts