1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a brand new banshee. i have added ;
-pro circuit platinum pipes w/294 sil..
-k&n filters w/covers; no box or lid
everything else is as you would buy one off show room floor! i'm at sea-level. it's around 80* here. how should i jet the mains, pilots, and set new needle??

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
I'd start with 320/310 mains, and throw a 30 pilot in there. Should get you in the ballpark. :tup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am a friend of virus with the banshee, the jet kit that he is getting has aftermarket needles. What do you recommend on the needle settings. Thanks.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We put the pipe and jetkit on last night. Right now his banshee is at a 310 main with the needle clip set on the 4th clip from the top. Pro circuit does not believe the pilot jet needs to be changed, so we have a stock pilot with the screws 1-1/2 turn out. The jet kit actually tells you to set the pilot screws at 1-1/2 turn out. The pilots were actually set from factory at 1-1/2 turns out. It runs great in the mid and top, but seems lazy on the bottom. It does not bog or hesitate down low, but it seems the bottom could be better. Are the jets sent with the stage 3 dynojet (moose) kit mikuni's? I know from past exerience on other quads dynojet sends their own jets. The jets that came with his kit had the same marking (two little squares etched in the jet) as the mikuni's we pulled out. We are going to back out the pilot adjustment to see if the low end improves. Any other suggestions? Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts