Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok im goin to glamis for the first time for new years, I live in texas and usually ride trails so i figured my holeshots wouldnt be good, so i tires so i picked up a set of gbc paddle masters and rims, i was wondering what else i need to get for the raptor and for me to bring to glamis to have a good time. Also can i just leave the regular front tires on or should i get sand tire for the front?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Regular fronts are fine - the dune fronts just float a little easier at times in deeper sand and they just look good! :) You will need a whip - I always get the lighted ones because we ride at night alot......got your paddles....you might want to get a six-pack rack if you want to dune alot.....nice to be able to carry some gas or drinks or whatever........bring some cash for the Glamis store and restaurant.......that's about it!! HAVE FUN!!! :) Might be a little cold, so be sure to bring a good jacket, too. And firewood!!!

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
dont worry bout the fronts, go out there and have some fun :tup:

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
400grl said:
You will need a whip - I always get the lighted ones because we ride at night alot...you might want to get a six-pack rack if you want to dune alot.....nice to be able to carry some gas or drinks or whatever.......
OK thanks for the help but whats a whip? Also whats a good and inexpensive sixpack rack, i need a new one anyway cause a friend broke my grab bar

·
Registered
106 Posts
A whip is the flag you have to have on your quad at all times in the dunes........and they WILL write you up for not having one - don't want a ticket! :) They sell them at the Glamis store and on venders row and at any cycle shop in Yuma, California and in Arizona, for that matter! :)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks alot, ill get a lighted whip and a six pack rack and if i have money left over some sand tires for the front, if anyone thats been notices somethin im missin please tell me, also is there gonna gonna be any raptors from here that are gonna be out there on dec 28-jan3

·
Registered
686 Posts
You betcha, I'm gonna be in Glamis over the New Years holiday. no f'n clue where i'm gonna be camping though (it's wide open)

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone know of any online places i can get a custom whip or just a lighted whip. I want to have everything ready before we pack up and head out

·
Registered
214 Posts
I would by the whip once you get there. They are actually cheaper at teh dunes that in Phoenix, go figure. If you are buying a lighted whip, just make sure to bring the tools to splice into your tail light once you get there. The last 2 whips that I have purchased were from the vendors at Glamis.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LuckyCharlie said:
I would by the whip once you get there. They are actually cheaper at teh dunes that in Phoenix, go figure. If you are buying a lighted whip, just make sure to bring the tools to splice into your tail light once you get there. The last 2 whips that I have purchased were from the vendors at Glamis.
Ok great figured they would be more expensive

·
Registered
101 Posts
i like steel flags. they dont break. too many times i have been riding around with no flag because the stupid fiberglass whip broke off god knows where.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts