Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped it off at shop needs electrical work.has new starter new carb new starter handlebar start switch. I get quote probably 2000 just to get it running . Need new harness new regulator new battery..I think that too much. I need opinions. I was wanting the harness just patched up.

·
Registered
2005 YFZ-450SE
2 Posts
If the bike is really messed up, like from an electrical / fuel fire, etc. that sounds somewhat reasonable. I would estimate you could purchase the parts, workshop repair manual, and the tools to do the job your yourself for around $1,000.

If they are figuring roughly 12 hours of labor at around $80, that would bring the total to up to the $2K range.

Wire harness assembly - $200+ (if you can locate a new one)
Starter - $240 (OEM part) or about $100 for an aftermarket part
Handlebar switch - $100 (OEM part)
New regulator (might as well upgrade it and get a new regulator with it) $150 - Regulator Charging System Upgrade for Yamaha YFZ 450 2004-2009
Carb rebuild kits - Main kit ($30 - $40) and mid-body gasket kit ($20)
Battery - $40 to $100 depending on the type you want to go with (lead-acid, AGM, lithium ion)

Maybe check around your location for someone who only works on ATVs, or even get a quote from a local Yamaha dealer?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your information. I bought a new harness and rectifier .and battery The only place that had harness is bike bandit.. I should be able to strap that down and plug it all In

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just wonder is that harness assembly come with battery and starter wires also ??

·
Registered
2005 YFZ-450SE
2 Posts
The harness assembly would just be the wiring; no battery. The primary wire going to the starter motor would be a separate part number:

Yamaha Parts Catalog

Since you have an '04, you'll want to check into the known issue with the charging system if you remove the headlights or don't plan to keep them turned on all the time:
Resistor Kit - Project WideOpen: Off-Road.com

The OEM resistor kits from Yamaha are only about $50, but are difficult to find anymore. This is a good upgrade / solution to the issue:
AC to DC Lighting & 140W High Power Stator & Voltage Regulator Charging System Upgrade for Yamaha YFZ 450 2004-2009

1 - 5 of 5 Posts