Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to rewire a warrior my friend recently bought I have 3 different wiring harnesses. I found that one of the harnesses plugged into most of the controls went to crank on it and got nothing. Everything I can see is hooked up. But I have a mystery wire it is RED with a BLACK tracer and with the key on it is hot. I have searched all over trying to figure out what it is or where it goes and have come up with nothing. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
where in the harness is the wire. can you post some pics. I am not sure about the black tracer but most of the ignition wires are red. there is a small red and a blue wire to the solenoid a red wire to the kill switch on the bars and another to the key. I have done frame of restos on an 87, 96, and 01 I do not remember that wire specifically but I think mine all had white tracers so some pics of your connections and the harness where the wire exits may help jar my memory. also some pics of the stator connections and cdi connections to help narrow down a year so we can get on the exact wiring diagram.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The wire is in the harness coming out of the kill/start/light switch on the handle bar side. I did some trial and error testing and ended up blowing the main fuse. I also have a complete 96 warrior that I'm using as a reference and could not find that wire anywhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts