I think there is something diferent cause I'm from Brazil. :scared:

·
Registered
320 Posts
:roll: i bet :roll:

·
Registered
988 Posts
that cant be unless you changed your gearing and running larger tires! with my trail tech computer configured correctly by the rollout method w/ 20-11x9 kenda klaws and 15T-38T sprockets top speed going down hill was 76.3 mph

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
yeah you can get those trail techs to tell you all kinds of stuff, i had a raptor that did 148 when i first put it on :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine is not stock and I got this speed by a friend on a car racing with me

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
There it is, the my buddy in the car beside me, man everyone is goin to talk crap to you, only way to back it up is to show us the slip, if you dont have a drag race time slip, from the drag strip, then nobody will beleive ya, been down this road before

·
Registered
459 Posts
yeah he went 94 mph....

...what he failed to tell you is that it was in the back of his pickup :razz:

ive had my raptor just over 80 before and all i can say is that it would take alot of gearing and mods to get teh yfz doing over 90

·
Registered
72 Posts
tudo808 tell us more are you stock or do you have mods? what kind of mods do you have? you have to give us more info or everone will just think it's :bs: I would love to think you did it, :nod: but a stock YFZ will not do that kind of speed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
at the gold rush last weekend (an annual race that runs half of Hallett's road course and then jumps off into the woods for about 5 or 6 miles, 6.5-9 mile course in all) they had a radar set up on the back strait of the road cours section with a big display showing you your speeds... It was a muddy mo-fo that day and with myself and my quad caped in mud, I was consistantly running 74 mph rapped out. Ive got a FMF Ti-4 slip on (14" race can), k&n proflow adapter, re-jetted with stockers on front and stock size razrs on rear, stock gearing also... :rock:

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Im a firm believer that the "beside the car method" is the single most INACURATE way of determining your actual top speed. I have never seen a case where this method resulted in something reasonable. Everytime the person says the quad was going 95 and pullin away or some similair bs. The only way to truly tell is with a gps system.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
PhResTyL28 said:
Im a firm believer that the "beside the car method" is the single most INACURATE way of determining your actual top speed.

I agree with you 100 percent,

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
tudo808 said:
Mine is not stock and I got this speed by a friend on a car racing with me
when did they start equiping those cars down with speedomenters that read in mph instead of KPH?

BTW, are you sure the car can even go that fast?

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I switched km to miles so yous guys could understand without making counts.

I didn`t know the car method was wrong, and I don`t have a clue why is that. I mean, the car and I were running side by side at the same speed.

Sorry this thread got like that but it`s true and I can`t get why quads in states are so slow, no ofense.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Guys I believe Tudo is correct.... because my brothers girlfriends,cousins, sister,uncle,newphew,brothers godfather,nieces,cousins cousins,stepbrother,from his biological father, son bougth a YFZ last month from there local Cairo Egypt Yamaha dealer and he was running his yFz next to the his daddys 2000 Merceds S 500 and he said his YFZ 450 was hitting 94 MPH...all stock with the air box lid on and corked. He said he took the air box off and uncorked it, rejet it and now its pulling into 104 MPH....but he believes his can reach 110 but the stock axle bearing gave out. His father gave him permission to install a Flux Capicitor on the YFZ....so he can travel into the future. The kids name is Marty Mcfly and his father is Doc Brown

·
Registered
72 Posts
Panchovilla said:
Guys I believe Tudo is correct.... because my brothers girlfriends,cousins, sister,uncle,newphew,brothers godfather,nieces,cousins cousins,stepbrother,from his biological father, son bougth a YFZ last month from there local Cairo Egypt Yamaha dealer and he was running his yFz next to the his daddys 2000 Merceds S 500 and he said his YFZ 450 was hitting 94 MPH...all stock with the air box lid on and corked. He said he took the air box off and uncorked it, rejet it and now its pulling into 104 MPH....but he believes his can reach 110 but the stock axle bearing gave out. His father gave him permission to install a Flux Capicitor on the YFZ....so he can travel into the future. The kids name is Marty Mcfly and his father is Doc Brown
Yea, my Yfz 450 once hit 150, but someone on the Darkside pulled my Hyperdrive apart.My R-2 unit is broken and I can't seem to find parts for C-3peo. I can't borrow any money from jubba the hut as I owe him lot's of cash for the YFZ I guess I'll have to run it stock next to the spaceship to see how fast it goes maybe the Force alone can make it do 100 :lick: :eat: :D It's all good fun I just had to see if I could come up with somthing better than the above post (I loved it! LOL)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts