Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to these forms but when ever I need to know something I would Google it and you guys came up. But anyways I have a warrior 350 2000 and I noticed I have a head gasket leak from oil smoking coming out of the head so I went to go change the head gasket I put the engine to top dead center aligned the t to the slot on the threads of the view port and the line on my timing gear is to the right mabe a quarter of an inch so I marked the chain to the gear and also marked the gear to the head but my question it should I line the the timing marks up with eachother or should I just keep it how it was the engine did seem to run fine which is why I'm not Shure if I should line them up thank you for the help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how did you tighten the head? if it is oil leaking are you sure its not the valve cover
So I should have proper tightened the head I did it in the order of the manual and the spec I actually had to buy a 3/4 torque wrench because I only had 1/2 inch but I should have did it right and oil smoke actually blows through where the head meets the cylinder so I brought the head and cylinder to a machine shop thinking it was warped but the guy told me it's alright but my piston rings are shot and warned me about boring the cylinder so I bought a new piston new head bolt he also said the cylinders for the head bolts that oil goes through in-between the head and the cylinder might need to be replaced because they didn't fit well so we will see once everything goes in

·
Registered
58 Posts
Why did you need a 3/4 torque wrench? That is way to big, even a 1/2 will go way to high. There are other marks on the flywheel are you sure you used the 'T'? it is the mark on the right of other marks. Also flywheel key could be sheared allowing flywheel to not be in the right place on crank.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why did you need a 3/4 torque wrench? That is way to big, even a 1/2 will go way to high. There are other marks on the flywheel are you sure you used the 'T'? it is the mark on the right of other marks. Also flywheel key could be sheared allowing flywheel to not be in the right place on crank.
He might have meant 3/8”. Its more precise.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts