Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
80 - 100 for a piston, somewhere under 100 for a bore job, like around 50 - 80 I think, and the good ol' 50 - 80 dollars an hour labor, which is why I do my own work

So I'd say 3 - 400 total.

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont forget the gaskets :razz:

·
Registered
4,974 Posts
Crazed said:
80 - 100 for a piston, somewhere under 100 for a bore job, like around 50 - 80 I think, and the good ol' 50 - 80 dollars an hour labor, which is why I do my own work

So I'd say 3 - 400 total.
:nod: Dealer prices are crazy! He should have just got it bored out and did the rest himself.

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
2001Toomey said:
Tell your friend to brace himself for a shocker. :lol:
It could easyly take them longer than 1 hour to do the work.
Actually it would probally take them under an hour, but they gotta do it slow as for more money :lol: :smooch:

My friend got his kx cylinder bored out at Carquest for like 40 bucks I think, and then did all the work himself. Saved him shitloads because it needed a bottom end too.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
thats sad, someone, please teach him how to turn a wrench, no affense or anything... :tup:

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Please do. Tell him to get a clymers manual. I work on all of my bikes unless it deals with the tranny and have saved myself easily over a couple grand :tup:

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
factory effex said:
Please do. Tell him to get a clymers manual. I work on all of my bikes unless it deals with the tranny and have saved myself easily over a couple grand :tup:
Whats hard about the tranny? The cylmers manual should describe everything pretty vividly.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thing about these type of questions that always gets a chuckle out of me is why even ask this question on a public forum.

#1. Dealer pricing is different all over the country, in some areas its 35.00, in others its 60.00

#2. Depending on the time of year, how long it will take the dealer to complete the job depends on how busy the service department is.

Why not ask the dealer this question, afterall, they are the ones doing the repair, not the bluetraxx forum members. :roll:

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
not that they charge to much, they don't care when it comes to putting your quad together, i'll never let the shop touch my blaster after what they did to it..Because of how they put my quad together it caused me to have to buy a whole new frame, and a rebuilt motor once. :no:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts