Blue Traxx Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my flywheel kept fallin off even when i lock-tited it, so i JB welded it, now it wont come off and i need to get my stator worked on. I've tried the flywheel puller, i used an impact gun and it just stripped it, then i tried a 3 jaw puller, didnt even budge, what else is left to do?

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
JiM417 said:
Ok my flywheel kept fallin off even when i lock-tited it, so i JB welded it, now it wont come off and i need to get my stator worked on. I've tried the flywheel puller, i used an impact gun and it just stripped it, then i tried a 3 jaw puller, didnt even budge, what else is left to do?
Plasma cutter? :shrug: in all honesty i dont really know. did u try wd40 or somethin?

·
Registered
170 Posts
ARE YOU KIDDING ME. YOU JB WELDED A FLYWHEEL ON. :wtf: I guess you'll have to cut it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Believe me, it wasnt staying on with anything else, i think the nut was halfway stripped or sumthin.. i even impacted it down and it still was comin over after 5 mins of half open throttle. Ya i dont care if i have to cut it off

·
Administrator
19,169 Posts
JiM417 said:
Believe me, it wasnt staying on with anything else, i think the nut was halfway stripped or sumthin.. i even impacted it down and it still was comin over after 5 mins of half open throttle. Ya i dont care if i have to cut it off
So instead of getting a new $1 nut you just decided to JB weld it? :wtf:

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:nod: It was one of those dealys where you have a race and you have to get everything prepared and you do whatever it takes , but its caught up to me now

·
Registered
132 Posts
lol

i would say your fuct. because in all honnesty you cant break jb weld. you might as well ran a beed over the thing with your mig gun. the key here i think is getting your fly wheel and stator off with out ruining the crank and having to split cases and all that. what i would experoment with is some hydrochloric acid, maybe hydrofloric acid and put some harded j/b weld in it and see if it breaks down easily.(it should) then find a safe way to get it on the nut with out spilling it on your cases only to come back in a half hour and find a hole in your cases. :scared: that would be funny.

you can try burning it off maybe if you heat the epoxy up enough it will melt you will have to install new crank bearings though prolly.

it would have taken more time to find j/b weld, mix it up and glue it that to go to your dealer and get a new nut with some of that red locktite. lol. funny though

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well it always used to come off like i said 5 mins into ridin so im gonna throw my engine back together really quick n try to spin it off without the nut on there. thats the safest thing i can think of

1 - 10 of 10 Posts